RegisterRegister    Log inLog in    SearchSearch   

View previous topic :: View next topic  
kilobit

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 10:17 pm    Post subject: Game Create Pricing options Reply with quote

im just curious is you guys will ever offer a lifetime package (one time price). I think most people would feel beter about this considering this is the way its going with alot of compaines. Also, will there ever be a version that i can run totally on my server? I mean having apache, php, mysql, all the reguired services installed and then use gamecreate on the same machine? Reason i ask these questions is if this company ever stops this project for whatever reason i would still have a working gamepanel.
Thanks
adbot

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 3:57 am 

term
Mammoth

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The way we see it. Games are constantly evolving, and GameCreate needs to evolve with it, that requires development by us. Additionally not everyone has the technical ability - or really wants to run everything locally.

We provide local customizations via Web services within GameCreate, check out the docs. This allows users to make GameCreate in as far as what the customer sees, run from your website rather than ours right through the process excluding the actual management interface, which uses subdomains on domains so the user can navigate directly to their own interface.

There currently isn’t any plan to allow a full install of GameCreate on a users servers, its just to complicated, but we are working to provide the tools locally where they make sense, such as our master server software for distributing games.

In terms of the client itself going anywhere, GameCreate started development in 1998 or earlier, entered commercial use in 2001, and is currently on version 5.0 so it has a long history despite the fact that this is our first publicly offered version, this should at least show some commitment to the product on our behalf.

Our company has around 15 employees, while small we've been around for as long so I hope stable, we use the product for our own services first and foremost, and this is our difference to other applications, in that this product has been developed based on our personal needs, this I think reflects the difference of the product to other game panel type products out there, most server managers should find that GameCreate will better suit their needs to manage servers, and there is a million reasons for that.

We're not big fans of one off pricing, it doesn’t reflect correctly the needs of the service provider for a product that is in constant development to update its system to the growing needs and changes that new games, and indeed new patches place on a game service provider

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perhaps using aa similar approch as STEAM to distrabute game images, that we could select to download locaclly?

Also, this could lead to set ' so many year, one price liscenses
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: