RegisterRegister    Log inLog in    SearchSearch   

View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 10:56 am    Post subject: Instaltion Problems Reply with quote

Hi

I cant install the following games

Counter Strike
Counter Strike Source
Day of Defeat
Day of Defeat Source
HLTV and all HL servers
Trackmania

the only ones I didnt get errors installing are BF2 and MOHAA but they are so slow downloading the content something like 5KBs

LOG

LOG: Wed Mar 08 21:54:46 2006: ** Fetch system performance data **
LOG: Wed Mar 08 21:54:46 2006: Received PING request
LOG: Wed Mar 08 21:54:46 2006: SSL >> ACK: PING
[11 bytes] - result: 11
LOG: Wed Mar 08 21:54:46 2006: Could not add memory counter
LOG: Wed Mar 08 21:54:46 2006: Could not add cpu counter
LOG: Wed Mar 08 21:54:46 2006: Could not start resource query; No counters
LOG: Wed Mar 08 21:54:46 2006: Could not remove cpu counter
LOG: Wed Mar 08 21:54:46 2006: Could not remove memory counter
LOG: Wed Mar 08 21:54:46 2006: SSL >> ACK: SYSPERF cpu=0&disk=26962&memory=363456
[44 bytes] - result: 44
LOG: Wed Mar 08 21:54:48 2006: SSL >> ACK: INSTALL async=1&id=9-387&install=PROGRESS&progress=0
[58 bytes] - result: 58
LOG: Wed Mar 08 21:54:53 2006: SSL >> ACK: INSTALL async=1&id=9-387&install=PROGRESS&progress=0
LOG: Wed Mar 08 21:54:58 2006: SSL >> ACK: INSTALL async=1&id=9-387&install=PROGRESS&progress=0
LOG: Wed Mar 08 21:55:03 2006: SSL >> ACK: INSTALL async=1&id=9-387&install=PROGRESS&progress=0

Progress never leaves 0!!! for more tham 3 hours

And about the HL error cant find them in the log but they are something like - faild instalation ONly doc types etc...

Thanks
adbot

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 3:57 am 

Andrew
Mammoth

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Our content server, which is currently based in Australia, is connected on a very fast link, however obviously speed and performance will differ depending on where your host is located, its connection to our connection etc.

The game is being installed, however the progress is just going very slowly by the looks due to the connection speed between your hosts and our content server - You will be able to maintain your own installations locally very soon.

Which game/s are you trying to install that fail? From the looks of your host overview page: http://ugoclub.us.gamecreate.com/admin/Host.aspx?id=2379

It appears to be working fine (although as I said earlier, downloading very slow).

Only one game will be installed at a time on the host, as its faster to download one game at a time than trying to download more than that.
fly

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where is this log file kept?
Andrew
Mammoth

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

By default the client wont create a log file.

You can make it create one by closing the client, opening gamecreate.ini and adding:

log-file gamecreate.log

And starting the client again.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Andrew everything is working great now...

1 More question if I enable FTP acess for the client to upload maps and mods will that client have access to other servers of the same game in that host? and for the client to access the ftp server (C:\Game\HisServer)he will need a GameCreate account? or not?
Andrew
Mammoth

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

At the moment, a user will be able to login to your FTP and be able to download files (if the host/domain permits it) for game directories that they have:

* Read server access
If I have 'Read Server' permission to a server named 'BF2 #1' - I can FTP in and access Battlefield 2's FTP directory on that host computer. If there are other games/servers installed on that host that I do not have at least one server with Read permission on, I will not see those directories.

* Read host access
This allows me to access any installation on that host.

* Read servers of game access (Permissions tab of say Battlefield 2 - All BF2 servers)
This allows me to access the BF2 install on any host that has at least one server on it.

You can further deny FTP being enabled per host by visiting the Domain tab, selecting 'Enable FTP', and then selecting 'Do not permit uploads/downloads' buttons.

Then, via the Host's Configuration tab, you can explicitly override the disabled uploads/downloads and enable it for just that host.

Additionally, If I have 'Write' access to any of the above resources, I can upload/delete/rename files as per the chosen options (None, 'safe uploads/textfile only downloads', and All).

To answer this question directly:
Quote:
will that client have access to other servers of the same game in that host?

At the moment, If there are say 3 BF2 servers on Host A, and I only have Read access to one of the three servers - and I FTP to Host A, I will be able to access the entire BF2 install - even though I dont have access to all BF2 servers on that host.

What you can do (if this is a form of rental environment) is create a sub domain for the user - When you install software for them via the subdomain, they will get their own copy physically installed on the host computer - and they will access that copy via FTP, instead of the provider (main) domain's copy of BF2 on that host.

The user requires permission in GameCreate (as above, on the given server/host/game) in order to FTP in - anonymous connections are not allowed.

If you remove him from GameCreate's permissions, that user also loses their permission to FTP into your hosts.

You also dont necessarily need a GameCreate account - You could use External Authentication if you already have a user database setup, which can be plugged into pretty much anything you can think of, such as a phpBB forum account or even an account system made by yourself.

You can use those user accounts to login to GameCreate, without having to make a separate account here.

Let us know if you have any other questions!
UGOMaster

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for the Help! your soft looks great i´ll test a bit more before installing on the clients game servers.

About the autoupdate feature...how long does it take to update a server when a new pacth is released? is it automatically? do i have to do anything or just select when i´m installing a server "keep this server updated"? will it update my clients servers on the fly or i have to do something?
Andrew
Mammoth

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Auto updates are managed by us.

We work in the gaming industry and run large gaming websites (which have in excess of 250+ gaming servers), and use the software daily.

When a new software update is released, we are pretty quick to roll it out across our host computers in order to keep our user base on the latest version - incidently, when we do this, yours will also be updated if your not explicitly overriding the packages yourself via the Packages tab on the Domain Configuration page.
UGOMaster

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great at least that deals with the problem when clients complain that their servers are outdated and submited 10+ support tickets lol

Anyway ...

I was playing with the subdomain tab and the thing is that i have to re-download all the domain installed games again? I'm correct?

I know that there is a option that says " if you already have this software installed earlier by a gamecreate click here" so i did and all i have to do is copy the main domain folder to the subdomain folder right? or there is a better way to do this? or i dont have to copy anything?
Andrew
Mammoth

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah you can just copy it.

However, you probably dont want to have to do that all the time.

If your worried about download speeds (or like to modify a main install) you can have GameCreate distribute your own copies of each of the games offered (eg, BF2 or America's Army), and serve it locally - providing the fastest possible speed for you to have the software installed.

You will require an additional script to have this working completly, if you are interested feel free to email me at andrew@mammoth.com.au and ill hook you up - its not yet fully complete in order to be released.
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: