RegisterRegister    Log inLog in    SearchSearch   

View previous topic :: View next topic  
TheHeartSmasher

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 12:12 pm    Post subject: Restricting who can register for our domain etc. Reply with quote

Can I limit who can register for my domain and list all users with their permissions and actually delete accounts that I do not want on my domain.
adbot

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 3:57 am 

Andrew
Mammoth

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can you be more specific?

If you wonder why there is so many names when searching by name/email, its because all GameCreate.com accounts work with any domain (you need permission to enter the domain, though).

If you switch to External Authentication (See http://doc.gamecreate.com/ManualExternalUserAuthentication ) you can use a database you already have (such as a phpBB forum database) to authenticate users on instead of the internal GameCreate user database.
TheHeartSmasher

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How would I do that is there some sort of good tutorial on how to do it besides just listing the code. Examples like how I could implement this to a phpbb site, vbulletin, etc. or just palin php site/mysql database.

And for the namespace is that like yourdomain.com/login having a subfolder It is just really confusing are their any example sites on how to fully integrate gamecreate etc. and is there a way to restrict what type of files someone can upload edit, and is there a way to completely restrict users from seeing certain tabs and games all the way through.
Andrew
Mammoth

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What database structure do you already have?

I can upload an example using phpBB (which would be trivial to change to any other database you know of) if you like.

The namespace thing is kept as is, its todo with XML - you dont need to change it.

"is there a way to restrict what type of files someone can upload edit,"
For FTP Access, you can restrict uploading of executable files (.exe, .sh, .pif, etc) - or simply dont allow people to upload anything.

Also, when editing files on the files tab, you can enter any file.

As for which tabs are shown, at the moment all tabs are shown, but users with insufficient permissions will be given an error message instead of being able to view or perform that action.
TheHeartSmasher

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mysql, and would it possible to give some kind of hint or tutorial on how to integrate this into a website, html code then then asp/.net code and when you guys talk about web components do I have to build them.
Andrew
Mammoth

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ive uploaded a fully working example using a phpBB based database:

http://www.gamecreate.com/downloads.php

Last edited by Andrew on Tue Mar 28, 2006 6:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
TheHeartSmasher

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2006 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alright I have that but I keep getting a blank page it is connecting to my current mysql phpbb database I get the error message:

Warning: mysql_connect(): Unknown MySQL server host 'databasehost' (1) in /.../includes/webdbfuncs.php on line 44
Critical Error: Unable to select database

When I go to the /auth.php page
TheHeartSmasher

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2006 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh wow this is awsome the external authentication works so now is there a way to customize all of this stuff to fit my clans website
Andrew
Mammoth

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2006 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can customize the booking front-end of GameCreate, read http://doc.gamecreate.com/ManualCustomSiteTemplate
TheHeartSmasher

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2006 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ah man when I tried to login again it tells me I don't have permission to log into the domain is there a way I can change this back
TheHeartSmasher

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2006 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ooo some quick thinking fixed that problem ohh man was I scared

After I transfered everything over external authentication. And is there another way for the cusomization to work without having to use .aspx because we have a linux box and that does not work on them or does someone have a demo how I could make a page and show the game statistics live and also the other things like booking etc... with php
Andrew
Mammoth

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have created a basic example on how to integrate the gamecreate booking features into another website, this only requres PHP.

http://www.gamecreate.com/downloads.php
TheHeartSmasher

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 4:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

awsome I saw a template around here too that had statistics, and stuff that could be integrated into websites.

I am also trying to set up a LAN server in a totally new location totally new domain and users. The server does not have a public ip on ly private
I set the ip address to 127.0.0.1 entered the domain login and password and it keep I set up a server to run on a lan I keep getting a message saying previous authentication failedsaying that.
Andrew
Mammoth

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey,

You wont be able to use GameCreate in a LAN environment - It needs internet-accessable IP addresses in order to communicate with the GameCreate master server.

If the IP your using is just NAT'd though, put in the publically accessable IP address in the config file (dont put it in as 127.0.0.1, thats invalid).
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: