RegisterRegister    Log inLog in    SearchSearch   

View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2006 6:30 am    Post subject: Running Gamecreate Client on Windows XP on a private network Reply with quote

Hey peeps,

love the look of this control panel, thought I would tes it out on my home connection just to see how it worked and give it a whilr etc hehe....

got a problem though....

Im trying to run the game client and first I had a private ip messsage, got past that by editing th e .ini file which is fine it runs now. but now it runs I got a command windo with a log screen and it keeps looping some sort of message with (authentication/connection failed!) or somthing like that.... think its a port issue on my router me thinks.... any ideas what port numbers this app uses maybe I could open them up. does it use FTP ports etc?
adbot

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 3:57 am 

flumps

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2006 6:45 am    Post subject: Re: Running Gamecreate Client on Windows XP on a private net Reply with quote

Anonymous wrote:
Hey peeps,

love the look of this control panel, thought I would tes it out on my home connection just to see how it worked and give it a whilr etc hehe....

got a problem though....

Im trying to run the game client and first I had a private ip messsage, got past that by editing th e .ini file which is fine it runs now. but now it runs I got a command windo with a log screen and it keeps looping some sort of message with (authentication/connection failed!) or somthing like that.... think its a port issue on my router me thinks.... any ideas what port numbers this app uses maybe I could open them up. does it use FTP ports etc?

it was me that raised this issue. I forgot to logon...

I got it running again atm and the message I am getting is...

Master requested logon (previous authentication failed)
Result: 142 - wrote this number on here as it might identify a problem to you/me?

EDIT: I have forward FTP,HTTP,Telnet ports for the server and still no joy. any ideas anyone? my location is the UK. I choose other when registering the domain.
Nathan
Mammoth

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2006 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

flumps; It's not a firewall problem. The line "Master requested logon" means that the domain loginname and password you have entered into GameCreate Client are not correct. This can happen if someone has already used the private IP of your computer in GameCreate before.

The bottom line is GameCreate does not support computers that do not have a real internet IP address - if you want to check out the interface our Test Drive page http://www.gamecreate.com/testdrive.php lets you try out the interface with no restrictions.
flumps

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2006 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nathan wrote:
flumps; It's not a firewall problem. The line "Master requested logon" means that the domain loginname and password you have entered into GameCreate Client are not correct. This can happen if someone has already used the private IP of your computer in GameCreate before.

The bottom line is GameCreate does not support computers that do not have a real internet IP address - if you want to check out the interface our Test Drive page http://www.gamecreate.com/testdrive.php lets you try out the interface with no restrictions.

Ah thanks for getting back to me about this...

I'm thinking about getting another static IP address from my ISp anyway Very Happy just waiting to hear back from them.
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: