RegisterRegister    Log inLog in    SearchSearch   

Goto page Previous  1, 2 
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nathan
Mammoth

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Firstly, I'm going into the server, then game, then files, and want to add two files this will automatically go on every server. The first file is lo3.cfg, the second is cal.cfg. However when I go add file, and put the file in, it wont work while in the game server, if I try to exec cal.cfg. Am I adding files correctly

The lo3.cfg file appears to be setup correctly; I can't see the cal.cfg in your files area though.

Have you restarted the game server before trying to execute the config file? By default, GameCreate only writes configuration files as the server is started.

If so, can you confirm if the cstrike/lo3.cfg is appearing on the host computer?

Quote:
Also the ftp dosen't seem to be working, I click the ftp link, and try to connect to it with my game create username and password, but it fails.

Sorry, there was some work done on FTP authentication which introduced a bug. I've fixed this so you should be able to log in now.

Quote:
Lastly I want to add a bunch of files, so I can have an install that will install superhero mod for my counter strike servers. How would I do this?

Unfortunately we don't have any supported method of doing so yet. Andrew can send you some information on running your own content master, which is the closest solution we currently have.

And FWIW, the questions are fine - they help us pinpoint where our documentation isnt good enough, we're missing a feature, if GameCreate's interface isnt clear in some aspect or there's simply a bug we haven't caught yet.
adbot

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 3:57 am 

stealthservers

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 4:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ya if possible, if you could send the info on running my own content master, that would be great.

Also the ftp unfortunatly is still not working, I click the link, and login with my gamecreate information, but nothing?

Let me know if it still has a bug.
stealthservers

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 6:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

O ya, by the way, you can email it to me at contact@stealthservers.net
Nathan
Mammoth

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 9:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Also the ftp unfortunatly is still not working, I click the link, and login with my gamecreate information, but nothing?

D'oh! The fix hadn't been applied right. I just tested logging into your host so it should be fine now.
stealthservers

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok It works now, thanks alot. What I don't understand is, how my clients would have a different IP.

For instance, I just setup a server on my california box. And the ftp is the same as my other california server, so if they edit these files it will affect all users. How does this work?

Thanks for all the help once again Smile
stealthservers

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok my last post was kind of confusing, so I will try and re-phrase. There is a folder name hlserver. In my gamecreate folder. Now when I use ftp, I can only see the files in hlserver. Now what makes no sense to me, is where are the files for the other servers, and how do I ftp to them. If I give a client that same ftp, he can edit the master server file right? Is there a way so he can acces his own server files. Also If I wanted to run a plugin on amxx that I didn't want on another server, how would I add the file on just one server.

When I go to addfile, under a specific server, where is that file going, because when I go to ftp, I see that file no where. Where are these files stored. I think you understand with what I'm having trouble grasping, so help me out if you can. THANKS ALOT! -Brad
Andrew
Mammoth

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are sounding pretty confused!

For your domain, you would have installed counter-strike onto one of your hosts.

These files were placed in ...\gamecreate\hlserver.

Anyone with read/write permission to *any counter-strike server on the domain* on that host computer, will be able to login to that host's FTP address and access the ...\gamecreate\hlserver folder.

So, if you had 3 servers (Server 1, 2 and 3) running counter-strike on Host #1 and all under your main GameCreate domain (mydomain.us.gamecreate.com) then someone with read access to server #1, #2 or #3 can access the hlserver install on that host.

This is not very suitable in a rental environment as you would want to let each user have their own installation of the game.

This is where subdomains come in. If you create a subdomain called 'sub1', (sub1.mydomain.us.gamecreate.com) - And then install 'Counter-Strike' on Host #1 again, while under the sub1 domain, it would be installed to:

...\gamecreate\GameCreate-XXX\hlserver

Notice there is a new folder being created, GameCreate-XXX (XXX is the unique domain ID number).

If you create + start a Counter-Strike server under the sub1 domain, it will be started from ...\gamecreate\GameCreate-XXX\hlserver folder - NOT the parent (main domain, mydomain.us.gamecreate.com)'s folder.

Now if this user FTP's into this host, he will only have access to the ..\gamecreate\GameCreate-XXX\hlserver folder, as thats all he would have permission to - Leaving ...\gamecreate\hlserver (the main domain's copy of hlserver install) alone.
stealthservers

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok this shed light on so much!

However I have encountered a couple problems

1) When I create a subdomain, and I create the username and password to login to that subdomain, they are not working. I have tested it several times. I will create a subdomain named: Brad
then a username: Brad and a password: Brad123

Then when I go to login at that subdomain, it will not let me login with the specified username and password? I'm guessing this is a bug, cause it seems very straight forward.

2) Because I have to reinstall games on each subdomain, it takes way too much time. I never did recieve that info on setting up my own content master, to be able to download at Lan speeds.

Quote:
Unfortunately we don't have any supported method of doing so yet. Andrew can send you some information on running your own content master, which is the closest solution we currently have.

If that could be sent to contact@stealthservers.net, that would be great.

Thanks alot you guys for your help. After these two things, I think I will be ready to start hosting all my clients from gamecreate. Thanks once again.

Regards, Brad
Andrew
Mammoth

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The brad/brad123 information you were trying to login with was the domain login information - thats not relevant there.

You login with your user account login (Since you have System access to the main domain, you can login to your subdomains with the same information).

I've just sent you the content server info by email.
stealthservers

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 12:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SO my clients would have to create an account? Or would they have to use my login info? Is their a way to make it so they can have unique usernames and passwords? And thanks for the email.

Thank You, Brad
Andrew
Mammoth

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 12:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Once you've created their sub domain, have them create a user account.

You can do this at http://stealthservers.us.gamecreate.com/admin/CreateAccount.aspx

(Or switch to external authentication and manage accounts yourself).

Then give their user account permission to their game server - They dont use your details.
stealthservers

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok I'm pretty much setup now! Thank you to Andrew and Nathan for all the help!

Had a sepearate question however, when my server gets shut down, game create will not automatically start, how would I run a startup script for gamecreate client on my server?

By the way, the client is located at /home/gamecreate/

Thanks alot!
stealthservers

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok I sent an email to you about the content master setup andrew, but I'm not sure if I sent it to the right email, so here it is again:

Hey andrew the content master installation went ok, however there are a few factors that are not working.

This is the part I'm struggling with:

"From the command line of the server type (for example):
php build-update.php hlserver
This will version the installation files for Half-Life.
Then we need to ALSO version the ‘cstrike’ package
php build-update.php cstrike
Make sure both of those are done.
‘php’ should work, or specify the location to your php binary /usr/local/php or whatever.
Build-update.php is the script to run, and the last parameter is the package name, found in packages.txt
Counter-Strike is split up over two packages."

When I do that, I get no result, I'm thinking maybe I dont have php installed correctly. Is there a way to check to make sure php is installed? Also when you say from the command line of the server, do you mean while in root?

Also when I created a subdomain, I went into packages, and it did not have the the check box for custom game create content master. Do I need this chekboxed, or do I not touch anything under my subdomains.

Lastly, this will install the standard cstrike package that I have, is there a way to make a few seperate installations, so I could have some installations for standard private servers, and some others, for amxmodx servers with pre installed plugins.

If there are any other pointers you have for me, let me know. Thanks in advanced, and thank you for your help thus far.
Hopefully I can get this fixed really soon. I'm gonna start setting up all my clients servers through game create Smile

Hope to hear from you!

Regards, Brad
Andrew
Mammoth

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stealthservers wrote:
When I do that, I get no result, I'm thinking maybe I dont have php installed correctly. Is there a way to check to make sure php is installed? Also when you say from the command line of the server, do you mean while in root?

You dont need to do this as root. Consult the PHP documentation to see if PHP is installed correctly or not. It probably lives under /usr/local/bin/php.

Quote:

Also when I created a subdomain, I went into packages, and it did not have the the check box for custom game create content master. Do I need this chekboxed, or do I not touch anything under my subdomains.

Leave the subdomain's packages thing UNchecked - If you check it, your then overriding it again - Leave it unchecked to use the provider domain's settings.

Quote:

Lastly, this will install the standard cstrike package that I have, is there a way to make a few seperate installations, so I could have some installations for standard private servers, and some others, for amxmodx servers with pre installed plugins.

There is no way to do this at this time; you will need to include the plugins I guess with each install and maybe script them via the files to load/unload when the server is started. See how some of the AMX setup is done already for this, or talk to the plugin owner's on how to choose to load/unload the plugin via a settings file.
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: