RegisterRegister    Log inLog in    SearchSearch   

View previous topic :: View next topic  
farmerbill256

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 1:31 am    Post subject: Gamecreate Server Update Tool? Reply with quote

Hello, I have now been using Gamecreate for about a year now, and find it one of the better control panels (and not just because of the price Cool )

But one thing has always seemed to be lacking, which I would have considered quite important and convenient. You include .bat files and the HLDSUpdatetool with each source installation; this is useful, but not in the case of a situation like:

A user is given access to a server by the domain owner under a rental or no fee service, but the user does not have access to the remote desktop. When a steam update for that game server is released, the user cannot run the update script, and has therefore have to ask the domain owner to update his server.

That is why I think an "Update Server" button would be very convenient. You already download the bat files to run the update commands, so all the button would have to do is a)Execute the update script for that game server or b)Execute hldsupdatetool.exe with the correct commands. It would mean less unnecessary input is required by domain owners, and users can update their servers without requiring to contact the domain owner, or having to wait until the domain owner is available to do it.

I don't know whether you still develop Gamecreate in any way. But I think this Update tool button would help quite a few people, and not just me. As it isn't just convenient for users, but also for domain owners, as it would be a quicker way to update servers, as you do not have to remote desktop, find the .bat file and execute it.
adbot

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 3:57 am 

Kybber

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 3:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You may want to look into setting up your own content server. It's much easier to update a game once in a central location and then distribute the updated files to all hosts running servers than to much about with running .bat-files on each host/server installation.
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: