RegisterRegister    Log inLog in    SearchSearch   

Goto page Previous  1, 2 
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Omar

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2006 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nathan,

I have a question about the game create content server.

So what about the games that dont have a dedicated free server package available?

Do we use the copy game create stores on the content server for a game we want to install on our server?

Thanks
adbot

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 3:57 am 

Andrew
Mammoth

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2006 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can override any content we have on our content server with your own - you dont need to use ours.

If you attempt to install Ventrilo for example via GameCreate, it will actually tell you we dont have content for it and you need to define it yourself.
DSi Gaming | Tom

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 8:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As a former game-panel user myself i appreciate the difficulty in getting around game create, after becoming used to game-panel.

For many of the non-HL Linux packages, gamecreate do not have the packages on their content server, and even if they did, its located in australia i believe, thereby 1) making a very slow install process per game server and 2) increasing your traffic needlessly.

basically, you create a central http location < http://URL/linux for your linux content for example.
On you main or parent domain, domains->packages is used to setup the content server and the games that will use it.

On each sub-domain ( one per client ) you again go to domains->packages and enable the custom content server.

gamecreate ( in the case of linux ) will automatically look for /linux/jedicademy.txt ( for jka ) on the content server, which contains a list of files to install basically. the game create client then downloads these files to the host to the sub-domains location.

When installing you also have the option to not download automcatically, allowing you to place the files there yourself, or retrieve them manually from another source.

For multiple ip setups ( meaning multiple ips per box ) i had problems using the extra-ips method, as gamecreate wouldnt allow me to setup more than one server on port 29070 even on different ips ( as it was the same host )

This resulted in me running a seperate copy of gamecreate client on the host for each IP, from their own folders also.
Andrew
Mammoth

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 8:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DSi Gaming | Tom wrote:
On each sub-domain ( one per client ) you again go to domains->packages and enable the custom content server.

This is not necessary - If you define the package in the providing domain, it will filter down to all subdomains - You can just (at the moment) override it once again for the subdomain.

This is subject to change however (the ability for subdomains to control content as well).
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: