RegisterRegister    Log inLog in    SearchSearch   

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cyber_Punk

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2010 8:14 pm    Post subject: Sub Domains FTP bug..... Reply with quote

Since I did not see an easy way in any settings to fix this, I view it as a bug. I have 2 sub domains on my box, they both use the same IP address (which is really not an issue) now game create assigned a spare port to the new server which is fine and great exactly what I wanted BUT.......

When it comes to the FTP the sub domain is giving the same port to use as my other sub domain......well umm what about when a user has access to both sub domains. Well you can't seem to authenticate now on the FTP server -.-' case in point MYSELF!! LOL......

Granted I do have other ways since I have root access to my server but not everyone does, and I will have a few people that will access many sub domains. So how can I assign a new ftp port? Or can you guys fix this bug its rather annoying and now makes me wish I would not have use the sub domain Rolling Eyes Confused
adbot

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 3:57 am 

Kybber

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2010 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If more than one domain has game installations on a host, and you log on with a user that has access to both domains, what will happen is that the directory tree you are presented with starts with the domains. You have to enter one of the domain directories to access the game installations.
Cyber_Punk

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2010 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kybber wrote:
If more than one domain has game installations on a host, and you log on with a user that has access to both domains, what will happen is that the directory tree you are presented with starts with the domains. You have to enter one of the domain directories to access the game installations.

Ah that makes sense must be another reason on why I cant seem to connect to the FTP then.
Kybber

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2010 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try to remove one of the domains (all its game installations) from the host and verify that you can log on with just one domain in use. I'm guessing your permissions are set incorrectly, somehow.
Cyber_Punk

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2010 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kybber wrote:
Try to remove one of the domains (all its game installations) from the host and verify that you can log on with just one domain in use. I'm guessing your permissions are set incorrectly, somehow.

Well it sucks to have to remove the new domain but I know the FTP was working just fine with 1 sub domain I was on the FTP 2 days ago showing some of the admins how to work it.
Kybber

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2010 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You could try to restart the GC client. It seems to sometimes cet the hickups wrt. FTP.

Other than that, I don't know what to tell you except "it works for me"...
Cyber_Punk

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2010 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kybber wrote:
You could try to restart the GC client. It seems to sometimes cet the hickups wrt. FTP.

Other than that, I don't know what to tell you except "it works for me"...

Razz k I will prob try restarting it, thanks for the help.
Kybber

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2010 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hope it works out Smile
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: