RegisterRegister    Log inLog in    SearchSearch   

View previous topic :: View next topic  
wcg707

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 1:09 am    Post subject: Enemy Territory Linux Installation Reply with quote

Hey, I'm trying to install Enemy Territory 2.60b on my Linux server and I understand Gamecreate devs do not maintain their Linux installations anymore.

No matter, I manually installed it by running et-linux-2.60.x86.run and asking it to install into /home/gamecreate/gamecreate/et

This is my current listing so I hope I installed it correctly:

[gamecreate@xxx et]$ ls
Quote:
CHANGES etded.x86 ET.xpm pbscreens
Docs et-linux-2.60.x86.run EULA_Wolfenstein_Enemy_Territory.txt
et etmain openurl.sh
etded et.x86 pb

However, the server won't start as apparently it's looking for ettv.x86 which I can't for the life of me find out where it is?

Anyone can help me with this?

Another question, who are the Admins of this forum? Andrew was in the past very helpful but I noticed he has been MIA.
adbot

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 3:57 am 

trog
Mammoth

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 9:46 am    Post subject: Re: Enemy Territory Linux Installation Reply with quote

wcg707 wrote:
Hey, I'm trying to install Enemy Territory 2.60b on my Linux server and I understand Gamecreate devs do not maintain their Linux installations anymore.

No matter, I manually installed it by running et-linux-2.60.x86.run and asking it to install into /home/gamecreate/gamecreate/et

This is my current listing so I hope I installed it correctly:

[gamecreate@xxx et]$ ls
Quote:
CHANGES etded.x86 ET.xpm pbscreens
Docs et-linux-2.60.x86.run EULA_Wolfenstein_Enemy_Territory.txt
et etmain openurl.sh
etded et.x86 pb

However, the server won't start as apparently it's looking for ettv.x86 which I can't for the life of me find out where it is?

Anyone can help me with this?

Another question, who are the Admins of this forum? Andrew was in the past very helpful but I noticed he has been MIA.

Late reply, sorry. Andrew is currently on leave.

We think the way it was set up originally was such that if you copy etded.x86 to ettv.x86 that should probably be enough to get it working.

Please give that a go and let us know if it works!
TitaN655

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 3:40 am    Post subject: Re: Enemy Territory Linux Installation Reply with quote

Hello,

I had the same problem. I took your advice from this post and it started working as I wanted it. Thank you very much for your help. Try it out wcg707, it will work.
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: