RegisterRegister    Log inLog in    SearchSearch   

Goto page 1, 2  Next 
View previous topic :: View next topic  
timmy09us

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 2:59 pm    Post subject: Problems install the games Reply with quote

When i try to install the game on my server it says failed this is the error i get:

America's Army Server Fail stat(/usr/local/gamecreate/armyops/system/server-bin) failed: (Error: 2)

America's Army Server Start GameCreate attempted to start America's Army Server.
adbot

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 3:57 am 

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

what domain, I'll have a look for you

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

who is this and why are you submiting as a guest?
Andrew
Mammoth

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can you try starting them again? I made a slight update to our America's Army configuration for Linux which should make it work.

Also it appears that the America's Army install for Linux has failed for your domain ( http://chettygameservers.us.gamecreate.com/admin/Game.aspx?id=29 )

Can you check that your host computer is able to retrieve files from http://144.140.155.2:3579 ?

It does not appear it can, as all installations you have tried appear to have failed.
leec

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok well the server info is installed correctly im trying to find out why it wont install the game onto my server.

How do i got about checking to see if that is receving files
timmy09us

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok its now working i added the ip address to the list.

One more question if i want more game servers how do it do it? more ips
timmy09us

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why does it take so long to install the game?
Andrew
Mammoth

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The speed at which a game is installed depends on how fast your host computer's connection is, the size of the files that need to be downloaded, and the speed at which it can download from our content master server, which is currently based in Australia.

There is no limit placed on the GameCreate Client at how fast it can download, it will go at the fastest possible speed.

Smaller games (such as Soldat or Shoutcast) will only take a few seconds as they are very small.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 2:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well it failed all together it bout half way there and then it stopped

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 4:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

is there something im missing i went to check to see if the game would work and it doesnt seem to be working?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok heres the thing everything is installed correctly. The game installed on my servers ok the servers say they are running and it seems to be working. BUT...The games are not accessing the internet. I tested the ip address is the americas army tracker and it cant see the ip address.

it should show up here http://aaotracker.4players.de/weblauncher.php?addr=216.227.222.109:1716

Also when i setup a game are the game ports correct cause americas armys servers port is 1716 and when i first setup it it was like 21000

Please let me know ASAP

Thanks
Nathan
Mammoth

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
it should show up here http://aaotracker.4players.de/weblauncher.php?addr=216.227.222.109:1716

It appears that it is showing up there. Based on what I can see, everything appears to be working correctly for you.

Quote:
Also when i setup a game are the game ports correct cause americas armys servers port is 1716 and when i first setup it it was like 21000

America's Army had the wrong default port set in GameCreate, which I have corrected. Most games will work however on any port - they have to if you wish to run more than one server on a computer.
leec

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im not running the server on my computer my server is a dedicated server runned by a hosted server.
timmy09us

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know its working now i had to add the ports in. But now im having trouble editing the server config file it doesnt seem to change anything i put in there I changed the name and the player limit but its still the same and i restarted the server already after doing it
Nathan
Mammoth

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

leec: Can you open a new thread for your problem please - I'm not quite clear what you're asking.

timmy09us: Your server seems to be totally ignoring the configuration file (or its not actually being written to disk). Check that armyops/System/port1716.ini exists and contains the right hostname.

I've done a fresh linux install of America's Army on our test servers and haven't been able to duplicate the problem so far.
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: