RegisterRegister    Log inLog in    SearchSearch   

View previous topic :: View next topic  
blizz

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2006 3:28 am    Post subject: Put each server in its own directory Reply with quote

I would highly reccomend putting each server in its own folder. Along with its own hlds.exe. It is so confusing trying to put in AMX Mod X. I mean you have a very old version of both AMXX and AMX. Trying to make the banned.cfg global is killing the whole think. How about putting each server in its own folder, but having the banned.cfg link together. Like every day, they read eachother, and all add together? This would make it so much easier. Untill this gets fixed, I wont be using this anymore. Even using the lower version of the amxx give, it doesnt work anyway. This is a very big problem.
adbot

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 3:57 am 

Andrew
Mammoth

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2006 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

At this time we dont want to support having one server per installation (that would take up a lot of drive space!) and is much more efficient if stuff runs out of the one installation.

Our AMX Mod X implementation is quite old because of how (poorly) such mods are developed and require things in order to be working.

Our install currently powers many gameservers and attempting to simply update the version will not be sufficient, as other mods that are installed rely on specific versions.

Your welcome to use your own local modifications though and copies of AMX and modify them as needed.
tigre

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 9:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yep , it's the solution .
for example , my server work on linux suse 64bits : the amx mod and all other (metamod, amxx, ect ect ) dont work with this version of linux.
Solution : i just put in my folder all amd 64 linux versions and just replace them , and comming in my panel restart my server , and all working correctly.
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: