RegisterRegister    Log inLog in    SearchSearch   

View previous topic :: View next topic  
kmc127

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 11:55 pm    Post subject: Problem with alien arena 2k7 Reply with quote

Hey Guys,

I am running windows with Alien Arena and I am having some problems. The server will start normally if I run the command from the console that gamecreate is using. Gamecreate though keeps shutting down the server, here are some logs:

Fail (Error Code: 87) 12/07/2006 08:00:47

Start GameCreate attempted to start Alien Arena Server. 12/07/2006 08:00:45

Over and over. The console says something around the same thing. Also there is an updated version of Alien Arena found here:

http://cor.planetquake.gamespy.com/codered/files/aa2k7-12052006-x86.zip

Thanks for looking into this for me!

KYle
adbot

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 3:57 am 

Andrew
Mammoth

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 8:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whats the full failure line? It should provide a bit more info in the Server Failures list.

When given an error code (Start Failed) its usually because the file cannot be accessed or does not exist.

Will look into updating AA.
kmc127

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think this is what you are requesting?

LOG: Thu Dec 07 16:27:38 2006: (Error Code: 87)
LOG: Thu Dec 07 16:27:38 2006: SSL >> ACK: STARTFAILED error=+%28Error+Code%3A+87%29&id=9325240
[58 bytes] - result: 58
LOG: Thu Dec 07 16:27:53 2006: Sending PONG, waiting for response
LOG: Thu Dec 07 16:27:53 2006: SSL >> ACK: PONG
[11 bytes] - result: 11
LOG: Thu Dec 07 16:27:56 2006: Received PONG response
LOG: Thu Dec 07 16:27:56 2006: Received PING request
LOG: Thu Dec 07 16:27:56 2006: SSL >> ACK: PING
[11 bytes] - result: 11

This is the log from the game create console, over and over again. Also, the server will start if i use the command the server is using:

crx +set game arena +set dedicated 1 +exec port27910.cfg

Maybe it is because the server spawns its own little console (not using windows cmd?)

Thanks
Kyle
kmc127

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I found what the issue was, the new game comes with a linux console server as well as windows, both named the same thing, crx and crx.exe. Game Create was trying to run the linux version crx (because it would run crx etc etc) I renamed the linux crx to crx___ and the server now starts as intended!

Thanks!

Kyle
Andrew
Mammoth

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Check the 'Failure Reports' link from the server Overview page, it should have that information more clearly.

You would need to google what error code 87 is, id have to look it up - its some file error, not a gamecreate error code.

Id think either it does not exist, or the client has no permission to access the file.
Fuzzy
Mammoth

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That link doesn't work for me and I can't see any mention of this patch on the official site: http://red.planetarena.org/aquire.html

Do you have another link where I can get more info?

Also, is your server windows or linux?
kmc127

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My server is windows, the fix above worked (it was running the linux bin not the windows because they were named the same) I got in contact with the dev of this game, he gave me the link directly and said my files were out of date but will still host games:

Quote:

Gave it a try, and it's still resetting after a minute or so.

Oh, you might want to put in the latest update located at http://cor.planetquake.gamespy.com/codered/files/aa2k7-12052006-x86.zip

This adds a bunch of new server features.

Also I just tried the link again, and it worked. The patch, though, needs the base install files and then just overwrite the old files. It does not include full maps etc, it is just a patch.

I will ask him if there is a site for this.

Thanks
Kyle
kmc127

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 9:48 am    Post subject: Having new Problems with AA 2k7 Reply with quote

Hey, I cant figure out whats going on here. The server is created, and it is running, but once every 2-3 min the server will restart by itself... It seems to be gamecreate doing the rebooting. I show 0 failures, but the GameCreate Client shows this:

[60 bytes] - result: 60
LOG: Fri Dec 08 16:48:19 2006: ** Stop GameCreate Booking: ID 9325251 **
LOG: Fri Dec 08 16:48:19 2006: SSL >> ACK: STOP id=9325251
[21 bytes] - result: 21
LOG: Fri Dec 08 16:48:22 2006: ** Got file, name: C:\GameCreate\alienarena\arena\port31000.cfg, size: 502 **
LOG: Fri Dec 08 16:48:22 2006: ** Start GameCreate Booking: ID 9325251 **
LOG: Fri Dec 08 16:48:22 2006: Launching process: C:\GameCreate\alienarena\crx +set game arena +set dedicated 1 +exec port31000.cfg from directory C:\GameCreate\alienarena
LOG: Fri Dec 08 16:48:22 2006: SSL >> ACK: START id=9325251&pid=1160
[31 bytes] - result: 31
LOG: Fri Dec 08 16:48:25 2006: Process 1160 was confirmed by master

This happens with the base install and when i installed it on my own, so I dont think its AA 2k7...

Thanks for your help!

Kyle
Andrew
Mammoth

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 8:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can you check the Failure Reports tab of the server? It should tell you what failure there was - paste the log lines here (not from GC Client, but from the servers Overview tab).

Servers are restarted by gamecreate if:
* It cant find the process it just started running
* Its not queryable from the internet, when 'query servers on this host' is checked on a Host Configuration tab
kmc127

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think this is what you want:

Code:
Stop     GameCreate stopped Alien Arena Server.     12/08/2006 08:04:53     
Start    GameCreate attempted to start Alien Arena Server.    12/08/2006 08:04:38    
Stop    GameCreate stopped Alien Arena Server.    12/08/2006 08:04:35    
Fail    Process failure (Server crashed?)    12/08/2006 08:04:35    
Start    GameCreate attempted to start Alien Arena Server.    12/08/2006 08:04:05    
Stop    GameCreate stopped Alien Arena Server.    12/08/2006 08:04:02

I am watching the server, it doesnt crash... gamecreate client just kills it and then starts it again...

Should I turn off Monitor servers on this host for players and query failures? All other games work on this server

Thanks
Kyle
kmc127

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A couple more things --

I turned off GameCreates check server for crashes and now the server does not reboot and is playable. I only use gamecreate for temp servers now anyways, so I do not mind if it does not check.

2-- Alien arena never sets the port for the servers =p. The default server command should be:

+set game arena +set dedicated 1 +set port %server:port% +exec port%server:port%.cfg

I changed it on my end but figured you would want it on your end as well.

Thanks!

Kyle
Andrew
Mammoth

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kmc127 wrote:
A couple more things --

I turned off GameCreates check server for crashes and now the server does not reboot and is playable. I only use gamecreate for temp servers now anyways, so I do not mind if it does not check.

2-- Alien arena never sets the port for the servers =p. The default server command should be:

+set game arena +set dedicated 1 +set port %server:port% +exec port%server:port%.cfg

I changed it on my end but figured you would want it on your end as well.

Thanks!

Kyle

Thanks for that, updated our default command line to include the port info.

Turning off Query Checks would only stop 'Query Failure' fails listed in the command prompt. The one you showed in the log above is a 'Process failure' which means GameCreate could not find the process running when it wanted to check it was still ok.

What I think has happened is you turning off Query Checks has done nothing to stop the failures - rather, you fixed the command line to specify the server port.

Multiple servers starting up (using the same port) probably caused the process to just exit when it found the port in use.

Try turning on query checks again and seeing whether the server remains online.

When you have checks off, player details are not available as well.
kmc127

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually I can watch it. It will spawn the server, once, and it will run fine for about 3 min. Then I will see a thing popup on the gamecreate client saying rebooting (server crash?) and then it closes the gamecreate console window (not windows cmd, its own little window) and then restart it. People in the game get kicked and have to rejoin. When I do not have gamecreate running the checks people can start servers, join when they need them and stay connected just fine -- no crashes -- no port errors.

Thanks
Kyle
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: