RegisterRegister    Log inLog in    SearchSearch   

Goto page 1, 2  Next 
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nosit1

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 6:36 am    Post subject: User Permissions Reply with quote

Is there a way to isolate a user to a server (or 3 servers how many ever), allow them to change the configs, but can't create new CSS servers or view other users servers?
adbot

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 3:57 am 

Andrew
Mammoth

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 8:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, just give them permission to that server (or Servers of Game) without the 'New' permission flag.
nosit1

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 8:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Will they not be able to see the other people's servers?
Andrew
Mammoth

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 8:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No.

The only reason people can see other peoples servers (as you put it) is because they have Permission to do so.

If this is a rental customer environment, you should just create them a subdomain instead.

Play with the permissions by creating a few user accounts and setting the appropriate permissions and seeing how they look to that other user.
nosit1

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 9:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another thing, I'm running the temporary servers script. Is there a way when a temporary server is created that it can allow for FTP access to the files?
Andrew
Mammoth

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you gave the appropriate user permission to the temporary server - maybe - would need to see if it worked.

If you give the user Permission to (for example) Read all Battlefield 2 servers (Battlefield 2 Permissions tab) they can FTP to any temporary server.
nosit1

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another thing.

Is there a way to make external bookings create a temporary account with enough permissions to login and change around some configs and start and stop it.
Andrew
Mammoth

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why are you wanting to do it that way?

Users can create their own temporary bookings - visit /bookings instead of /admin to let them make their own.

Or integrate the booking page on your website via the left hand menu (Download option)
nosit1

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like this:

User goes to site
    Books server and fills in the server details
    Also fills in temporary login information
    Server gets created at time when they wanted
    User is created
    User can login and change temporary configs, restart server, etc.
    Once time is done, login is expired and gets deleted
Andrew
Mammoth

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Allowing (random) users to FTP to the server host can be considered a security risk - you're allowing a random person to get to the server and upload files.

The game install would be shared with other temporary servers being run at the same time.

Users can choose their server settings during the server details setup step on the booking screen.

Uploading configuration files is an old way of doing things - you should instead be allowing users to just use the easy GUI to choose the map, etc, to play and let the server handle the rest.
nosit1

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, then can I have an assortment of "packages" that the user can select as addons to their server. Like say I have X Admin Mod; the booker checks the box and the addons stored somewhere is installed to the temporary server?
Andrew
Mammoth

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perhaps, you would need to figure this out yourself - I don't have extensive experience with Counter-Strike and its plugins.

I know though you can probably unload them via the configuration file and do the unload (or load) via config options if a given checkbox is checked etc.

Experiment.
nosit1

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andrew wrote:
Perhaps, you would need to figure this out yourself - I don't have extensive experience with Counter-Strike and its plugins.

I know though you can probably unload them via the configuration file and do the unload (or load) via config options if a given checkbox is checked etc.

Experiment.
This isn't more for CSS, any game. Given say a folder with the correct structure of the game, it would download the files and place them in the root folder.
nosit1

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I have what I want now.

Thing now is with the FTP. I have the FTP enabled but when I go to login from the server page, I get:

503 - Attempting Authentication
503 - Sorry, you don't have access to this host.
Andrew
Mammoth

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Most games allow you to decide what mod/s to load based on the configuration file or command line.

Decide what appears in the config file/command line by checking which boxes were checked on the booking details page.
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: