RegisterRegister    Log inLog in    SearchSearch   

View previous topic :: View next topic  
chatnsn

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 10:37 am    Post subject: Cannot remove servers from my account:-S Reply with quote

Is an Administrator able to remove all the servers that are under my account please, but leave the account there. I am currently moving onto one single server, and need to remove the existing ones, but cannot work out how to do so.

I believe the server is currently trying to install a game on at least one host, but it won't get anywhere as I have already removed the gamecreate client from all of my servers.

Domain name for my account is chatnsn.org.uk
adbot

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 3:57 am 

Steve
Mammoth

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will see if I can get someone to look into this for you. We'll get back to you as soon as possible.
chatnsn

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is someone able to let me know what's going on with this please? It's been a week and I haven't heard back apart from the initial reply.

I've checked my account, and it's still trying to install the games on the servers despite them not having the software installed.
chatnsn

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 11:00 am    Post subject: still awaiting a reply after a week Reply with quote

I hate to keep bumping this, but I still have not heard anything back regarding this. Can someone please either remove all the hosts from my account or remove my account and domain altogether so that I can recreate it?
Steve
Mammoth

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You should be able to remove and re-add hosts from the Hosts tab in your domain. That should stop GC from trying to install to hosts the software doesn't currently reside on.
chatnsn

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I go to the hosts tab I get:

Game Installed on Host

GameCreate is now busy downloading and setting up the files required for Battlefield 1942, Battlefield 1942 - Eve of Destruction, Battlefield 1942 - Galactic Conquest, Battlefield 2, Battlefield 2142, Interstate, Shoutcast, and Trackmania United. You can install other games by visiting Install a New Game which can be found on the 'Games' tab.

and there is no option to remove the host from my account.

I've just tried on the other host i'm trying to remove, and that gives me a list of servers that were installed on that host, but no option to remove the host from my account.

I would have just reinstalled the gamecreate software and let the installation complete, but I no longer have access to either of the hosts i'm trying to remove, as they were on machines that I have now cancelled with my server host.
Kybber

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you tried to uninstall the games first? Go to the host, select uninstall
game, then choose the advanced option to not physically remove the software and instead mark the package as uninstalled. This may or may not
cancel the installation. After you have done this for all games being installed,
you will be able to remove the host as described by Steve.
chatnsn

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for that. I had never noticed that option before. I've removed the server from them using that, and it looks like it worked to cancel the installation, but gamecreate still gives me no 'remove host' option Confused

I've tried right clicking on the hosts I want to remove, but again, there is no option to remove them Confused

There is a 'remove a server' option on the right click menu, but this appears to be to remove a gameserver from the host, as it says there are no servers to remove I click it.
Kybber

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chatnsn wrote:
I've tried right clicking on the hosts I want to remove, but again, there is no option to remove them Confused

And there shouldn't be. To remove a host, go to the hosts-page, and look for
a link near the top which says "Remove an Existing Host".
chatnsn

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 1:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That link doesn't appear. I've uploaded a couple of screenshots to my server so you can see exactly what i'm seeing:

here and here.
Kybber

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 5:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah, yes. The notorious helper-page which does
nothing but misinform and confuse Razz

Try this:
From this screenshot:
http://chatnsn.org.uk/downloads/selectedhost.jpg
click "install a game". Choose any game, but when you
get to the page where you can choose advanced
options, expand advanced options and choose to
not actually install the game but mark it as installed.

The first screenshot:
http://chatnsn.org.uk/downloads/hosts.jpg
should now be different. Hopefully it will allow you to
remove a host. If not, it will probably tell you to
configure a server. If so, then do that. Now the
hosts-page should definitely allow you to remove hosts.
Remove the one you did not pretend-install first (so
you don't have to do the same over again for the
second host).

Last edited by Kybber on Fri Apr 25, 2008 6:44 am; edited 1 time in total
chatnsn

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 6:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There doesn't appear to be an option to mark the game as installed. The only option under advanced is 'automatically keep this software installation up to date'. I unticked that, then clicked continue, and it started trying to install it.

I then removed it again, and i'm back at the first page again Confused
Kybber

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 6:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You should have this option:

If you don't, then I am completely stumped.
chatnsn

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 7:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nope....that option doesn't appear as you can see here

I've just tried it from another computer in case it was a display glitch, but it appears the same.

I've also tried clicking where the tickbox would appear then clicking install, but it then starts trying to install the game, so the tickbox isn't there, but hidden or anything like that.
chatnsn

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 8:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just tried adding a new host, and starting to install a game on that to see whether the box showed up, but again the only box that shows up is the one to install updates to the game.

Also despite not having installed any games on the new host, the remove host link for that machine does not show, so it looks like a glitch on my account.

Therefore, can an administrator please delete my account so I can recreate it and hopefully be able to use the service properly again.

My domain is chatnsn.org.uk and my login name is chatnsn.
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: