RegisterRegister    Log inLog in    SearchSearch   

View previous topic :: View next topic  
LazybOy

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 1:09 am    Post subject: missing gamecreate.exe? help Reply with quote

I tryed to launch GameCreate on my desktop it wont launch, it say missing shortcut then I click browse to find gamecreate.exe in gamecreate folder it's only got .dll files in the folder nothing else like .exe etc, then I delete gamecreate folder and I reinstall it nothing will work, I think I just need gamecreate.exe to make launch work properly.

Thanks
adbot

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 3:57 am 

TimberM

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 3:04 am    Post subject: Re: missing gamecreate.exe? help Reply with quote

LazybOy wrote:
I tryed to launch GameCreate on my desktop it wont launch, it say missing shortcut then I click browse to find gamecreate.exe in gamecreate folder it's only got .dll files in the folder nothing else like .exe etc, then I delete gamecreate folder and I reinstall it nothing will work, I think I just need gamecreate.exe to make launch work properly.

Thanks

Download This: The Gamecreate WINDOWS File

Then it should be in there, mine came with it (Had to redownload GC, i reformatted my PC)
LazybOy

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 5:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I redownloaded them nothing works, just need gamecreate.exe file or something. In GameCreate folder there only have 4 files inside: mfc71.dll, mfc71u.dll, msvcp71.dll, msvcr71.dll that is all I have. Can you check your folder, how many files you have?
Steve
Mammoth

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A fresh install of the Windows GameCreate client should have 5 files in the GameCreate folder before you run the client. Once run and details are entered, it will create a gamecreate.ini file also.

For a fresh install the four files you listed should be there and of course the gamecreate.exe.

Was the gamecreate.exe there when you reinstalled it?

Have you done a full virus scan of your pc to make sure nothing is infecting the exe and it possibly being quarantined or deleted by your anti virus software?
LazybOy

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I already did exit anti-virus program then I try to reinstall it never give me .exe file in gamecreate folder :/
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: