RegisterRegister    Log inLog in    SearchSearch   

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Drussaxe

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 12:46 pm    Post subject: games already installed Reply with quote

i already have my dedicated server set up with the game servers i wish to administrate with GC, how do i add them to GC?

they are cod4 x2
and swat 4 TSS (the expansion which is not listed in the games GC supports)

Also does each game server need its own installation folder as i have it set up for both cod4 servers to run off one installation folder.

i will be doing fresh installs of around 16 game servers on a quad core, but im using an existing dedi to test and figure this out, however since this machine will be mostly cod4.

And since cod4 install via GC is unclear, i would like to know how to maually add them after i set them up
adbot

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 3:57 am 

Steve
Mammoth

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The GameCreate system uses one install directory for all of any given game per host machine, just like you are currently doing. (all cod4 servers run out of the same install/directory)

You will need to make sure the already installed games are in the correct directory for GameCreate to work with them.

This would be C:\games\callofduty4 for example.

Through the GameCreate system you would then go to install the game on a host machine, and then select the advanced option 'Do not download, the game software is already physically installed in the required location'.

Once this is done you would create servers on that host.

You would need to edit each server config with the settings your servers already use, and in your case it would also be best to edit the given config files with your own aswell.

It's a bit of work integrating already established server instances (with their customised settings), and it may prove easier to start from scratch.
Drussaxe

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 8:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

so best solution would be to do a fresh default install in the GC game directory(using my local msi installer), then use GC to set up that server to be a clone of the cod4's already running then just turn off the original and run the clone?

Can the base dir of GC have multiple drive locations? as this test dedi, has 2 small 30 gig drives and i have the cod4 on 1 and the swat on the other, this wont be an issue with the quad's as they come with 1 big drive, but i would like to intergrate GC on this dedi anyways.Would a short cut placed in the GC game dir pointing to a folder on the other drive work?

Also just so I'm clear GC can be used/configured for my customers to administrate their servers, with certain restrictions like(access and slot limit control, resource allocation) like a regular game panel like tcadmin and such?

From what Ive read i need to set up my webspace to handle logins etc otherwise my customers would need to register directly on GC is this correct?

Also what is the colo option? is this to set up the master server on my webspace instead of hosted by GC or is this the above mentioned login option?

if so what are the rates for this or is it a one time installation fee for the colo option?
if not is using the free method a bad idea for a new gsp? if your servers are up 99% of the time i assume it would be ok.
What are the beifits of the colo option other than self controlled downtime vs free?

lastly how do you guys make revenue from the free option if i may ask?

sry bout all the questions lol but i have to say so far im impressed.
Steve
Mammoth

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, for replacing already established servers using the GameCreate system I would do exactly what you described.

There's no support for multiple drive locations. You could try using shortcuts, but this is something that is untested and unsupported.

You can use external authentication to set up the permissions and log ins for your servers/subdomains.
http://doc.gamecreate.com/ManualExternalUserAuthentication
Otherwise your users will need a GameCreate account.

You can set up various levels of access for users to administer their servers.
Manual pages for permissions-
http://doc.gamecreate.com/AdminServerPermissionsPage
http://doc.gamecreate.com/AdminGamePermissionsPage
http://doc.gamecreate.com/AdminHostPermissionsPage

The co-located option would use one of your own servers as your own GameCreate master server instead of the free options available. This is generally for large scale GSPs who need guaranteed uptimes.
Contact us through support for pricing and more info.
http://www.gamecreate.com/contact.php

We aren't making any revenue from the free option. It comes from the co-located option. We use the free option as a testing ground for anyone who wants to use it, and that may consider the co-located option.
Drussaxe

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2008 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks steve!
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: