RegisterRegister    Log inLog in    SearchSearch   

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Raven226

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 2:37 am    Post subject: Subdomain Custom Path Reply with quote

Hey there,

I had a quick question, I understand how to change the installation path using my parent domain using the hosts tab, but I wanted to know how I could change my installation path via a sub-domain.

Example:
Say I wanted to install Americas Army 3 on one of my sub-domains for a client, by default it wants to go to: E:\GSP\Game Hosting\GameCreate-3682\aa3 ..... I don't want to change the base path area "E:\GSP\Game Hosting" but I'd like to change "\GameCreate-3682" to something where it can identify who the sub-domain belongs to like:
"E:\GSP\Game Hosting\GameCreate-3682-JohnSmith\aa3"

I'd want to do this to help me more easily identify which directory belongs to which client.

So, is there a way I can change that specific area of the path name within a sub-domain like the example above? If so, how?

-Thanks in advance.
adbot

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 3:57 am 

Andrew
Mammoth

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

Unfortunately you cannot do this at this time, its locked in as GameCreate-xxx

What you may want to do is simply have a quick 'cheat sheet' of Domain ID's to GameCreate Domain names.

You can access this uniquename->id list through a web service if you like, here's an example:

http://demo.eu.gamecreate.com/admin/Remote.asmx?page=op&tab=test&op=GetSubDomainList&bnd=Remote_asmxSoap&ext=testform&actorUsername=demoadmin&actorPassword=demoadmin&domainId=2783
Raven226

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the reply mate,

Its to bad you can't do that Sad. I've basically been doing something similar to your cheat sheet idea. Its no big deal, just a little bit of extra documentation that has to be kept. Just thought I'd ask. Thanks again for the reply.
Andrew
Mammoth

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Given you have access to the uniquename and domain id, you could even code up (or manually) something to create windows shortcuts (or linux symlinks) to the folder with a friendly name - just a thought Smile
Raven226

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 2:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's a great idea! Thank you sir!
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: