RegisterRegister    Log inLog in    SearchSearch   

View previous topic :: View next topic  
dystemper

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 7:53 pm    Post subject: ftp permissions needed to use wget. Reply with quote

hi there, i am really baffled with gamecreate's ftp management.

i'm trying to use wget to retrieve daily server logs from my counter-stirke source server onto my webhost to compile stats with psychostats. however, it seems like i am getting blocked.

i can retrive my logs via ftp manually, but i'd rather automate this task instead, but gamecreate seems to be blocking any automated scripts from logging in and retrieving files.

can anyone tell me exactly how to set my gamecreate ftp permissions to allow automated cron jobs/scripts to allow downloading?
adbot

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 3:57 am 

Steve
Mammoth

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can you paste the entire output of wget you're getting, and also how you're invoking wget?

Passive mode is default for wget so that should be fine.

Local testing with wget works fine.
dystemper

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

my wget is pretty basic (recursive, mirroring attributes)

Quote:
wget -mr ftp://username:password@eff-u.vexed.ca:2121/srcds/cstrike/logs/

the error from psychostats:
Quote:

Error downloading file: -rw-rw-rw- 1 dystemper gamecrea 0 Nov 21 13:00 l1121008.log: Can't open -rw-rw-rw- 1 dystemper gamecrea 0 Nov 21 13:00 l1121008.log: No such file or directory

------------------------------------------------------------------------

the file permissions are set to 666, tried 644, and 777 as well. all with the same error.

the wget provides no error -- this is the interesting part: when i use wget to retrieve off of my gamecreate ftp, the folder tree is created on my webhost (ie: /www/serveraddress/srcds/cstrike/logs/), but unfortunately, no log files. only the directories are created.

however, when i manually download the files off of the server, and put it onto a standard webhost with standard ftp, psychostats and wget retrieve the files fine. i've tried 3 different hosts (on a windows box, suse box, and redhat box), and the only time i cannot retrieve files is if the ftp is setup with gamecreate.

can you tell me what the advanced ftp settings should be set at so that i can request to my GSP to change my access?
Steve
Mammoth

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You'll want to set advanced FTP permissions to permit a match on .* for Extensions and be both directions(so it's up and down). That will make sure you can up or download any files.

Same goes with Paths. Permit * on both directions.

You can use that setting for All Software, or set up each game according to how you need the permissions.
dystemper

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steve wrote:
You'll want to set advanced FTP permissions to permit a match on .* for Extensions and be both directions(so it's up and down). That will make sure you can up or download any files.

Same goes with Paths. Permit * on both directions.

You can use that setting for All Software, or set up each game according to how you need the permissions.

thanks steve. i'll forward this to my gsp provider.

would this be necessary even though with an ftp client, i am able to access all files regardless of extensions?
Steve
Mammoth

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been told by the developers it is necessary.
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: