RegisterRegister    Log inLog in    SearchSearch   

View previous topic :: View next topic  
OMFGNinja

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 6:30 am    Post subject: MoHAA Problems - it worked before... :( Reply with quote

Ok i just did a fresh install on my server box and all i installed so far is the GameCreate client (latest) and Medal of Honor (patched to 1.11).
Now when i create a MoH:AA server it crashes every 8 minutes (exactly timed) with Query errors.

Also I am not able to use rcon commands (i filled in the right rcon but it's like my server doesn't process rcon commands for some reason)

Anyone have some tips or hints what could be the problem?
Before i re-installed my server box, servers ran fine, until one day when all servers had this exact problem.

GameCreate Client log:

LOG: Thu Feb 11 22:52:46 2010: ** Got file, name: C:\GameCreate\mohaa\main\port12203.cfg, size: 1326 **
LOG: Thu Feb 11 22:52:46 2010: ** Start GameCreate Booking: ID 9426223 **
LOG: Thu Feb 11 22:52:46 2010: Launching process: C:\GameCreate\mohaa\MOHAA_server.exe +set dedicated 1 +set ui_console 1 +set net_ip 83.149.84.226 +set g_gametype 4 +set fs_game main +set sv_maxclients 14 +set net_port 12203 +exec port12203.cfg +fs_homepath port12203 --port-fix 12300=12300 from directory C:\GameCreate\mohaa
LOG: Thu Feb 11 22:52:49 2010: Process 70940 was confirmed by master
adbot

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 3:57 am 

Andrew
Mammoth

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please see http://doc.gamecreate.com/AdminServerFailuresPage for information on how Query Failures are triggered.

Are you sure your server is queryable via the internet, on the same IP:Port as shown on the Server Overview tab?
DieHard

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 3:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, I have the same problem with MOHaa and MOHsh servers, new ones.
Medal of Honor: Allied Assault and Spearhead.

This problem is caused by GameCreate and it stops and has Query Failures without any reason.... No problem with gameserver.

It keeps stopping and starting the gameservers while they are running perfectly. Every time it query failes with a same amount of minutes.
Andrew
Mammoth

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Find out why external queries are failing for your server.
DieHard

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 12:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How can we find out, its stopping the gameserver without any reason.
So the query failure is without any reason.

The problem is inside GameCreate and has nothing to do with the gameserver or what so ever. This problem only appears to all new MOH created gameservers.
Andrew
Mammoth

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are they on a different port?

Make sure you are using the latest client beta.

Quote:
How can we find out, its stopping the gameserver without any reason.

It is stopping for a reason. Its consistently failing to query the game server (using programs like qstat or HLSW), so GameCreate thinks its offline/crashed.

To resolve; make sure your running the latest GC Client beta (stickied at the top of this forum) and turn off 'enable query checks' for your Host.

Confirm you can query the game servers manually using HLSW. When you can do that, GC wont complain anymore.
DieHard

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 4:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Standard port, other ports all the same.
Sure i'm already using the last 6 months the same and newest version of GC.
All gameservers with same settings and same files always worked and now since this week this problem accures random with NEW gameserver with same settings and files without any mods. It has nothing to do with the gameserver self.
Andrew
Mammoth

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 8:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What did you change this week?
DieHard

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 2:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Didn't change anything. It only happens with new gameservers, but not all new gameservers. It's kinda random when the problem occurs.
Andrew
Mammoth

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 8:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If its only happening for some, but not others, try debugging this - Try and figure out/compare why one server works but not another.

This will take some technical proficiency on your behalf.
DieHard

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2010 2:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The first thing that I did before posting here is checking out what the differences or bugs are, Andrew. And there are none (same: install, settings, ip, files, ports). I even tried several ports, but the problem really is inside GameCreate.

Anyway I started again a mohaa server on a random host. Same problem again. I notice GameCreate just has problems and it keeps failing and restarting the server without a good reason.

I am 100% sure that GameCreate is not working properly and I notice that GameCreate doesn't see the gameplayers too. And the gameplayers list does work on all other gameservers now and like always.

This problem accurs on all ports of MOHaa, so that isn't the problem too. There is just an error in the scanning of GameCreate on the server.
DieHard

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2010 2:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I found a little solution. Anyway I now changed the port back to the standard port and now the problem is gone. The port was 13155 and now standard 12203 but the weird thing is that this problem doesn't accur at another host with that 13155 port.

So the problem is still inside GameCreate. Anyway last time I had this problem I tried to too, changing to the standard port and then it didn't work. So there isn't really a pattern why this problem accurs.
DieHard

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 4:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Again same error with new mohaa servers. And now another port doesn't solve the problem. I am not going to check 100 ports every times untill 1 appears that gamecreate can see.

Please fix this bug. It's getting ennoying.
Andrew
Mammoth

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 9:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PM me SSH/RD access to your game server and a link to your GameCreate domain and I can have a look.
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: