RegisterRegister    Log inLog in    SearchSearch   

View previous topic :: View next topic  
wcg707

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 10:28 am    Post subject: Segmentation Fault in Gamecreate Reply with quote

I am getting this error whenever I run gamecreate for a while.

Quote:
LOG: Thu Jul 1 08:25:30 2010: Fetching http://www.noautoupdate.com/linux/srcds.txt
Segmentation fault

This is on Centos 5.5 64 bit

It happens every single time when it fetches the srcds.txt file. What could be the problem? I don't want Gamecreate to update my games as the process tends to hang and the installation never completes so I resort to doing it manually.

Appreciate any help anyone can provide! I'm using the lateste Gamecreate Client 5.2.8 for Linux.
adbot

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 3:57 am 

wcg707

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe I found the error.

This happens when your DNS is set to OpenDNS and you have entered in the fake url to prevent updates from happening.

As opendns has some functions to search if resolution fails, the resolution doesn't quite 'fail' and I believe causes the segmentation fault.

Changing the DNS resolution immediately notices that the fake url is invalid and gamecreate continues to run.

Just out of interest, I forget where do I edit this update thing or has it to be done on mammoth's side? I requested in the past for updates to be disabled as it tended to hang my server so it was set in but just wondering what if I want it reenabled (which i don't right now).
Steve
Mammoth

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The automatic updates option being off or on is only selectable when you initially install that game.

If the auto updates are causing issues for you, you may want to try creating and using your own content server.

The content server support files are in our downloads section.

http://www.gamecreate.com/downloads.php
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: