RegisterRegister    Log inLog in    SearchSearch   

View previous topic :: View next topic  
gh0std0g

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 1:26 am    Post subject: Removing a host Reply with quote

Hello everyone.

I know that there are some other topics on this subject, but im facing some problems removing a host.

I've allready uninstalled all the games with the "don't delete phisical directories" option, and still i can't remove the host.

On the hosts page e get this message:

Quote:
GameCreate is now busy downloading and setting up the files required for Counter-Strike: Condition Zero, Half-Life TV, Half-Life: DM, Half-Life: Rally, and TeamSpeak. You can install other games by visiting Install a New Game which can be found on the 'Games' tab.

But actually it doesn't seem to be doing anything and i don't see the Remove host option.

Thnx in advance,
adbot

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 3:57 am 

Andrew
Mammoth

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey,

You don't see the option yet because you are still completing the tutorial mode.

Visit /admin/DeleteHost.aspx to delete a host.
gh0std0g

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for your reply Andrew.

So, from what i've understood, the host management option won't be available, until there is a game server created on the domain.

Once i created a game server on the "main" domain the management pages layout changed and i got access to the "Remove an existing host" option.

I guess that since all my game servers are running on sub-domains and i had none running on the main domain i never left the "Tutorial mode" you mentioned.

Thanks again Andrew.
Andrew
Mammoth

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah the tutorial mode is really for the main domain - I'll note down that it probably should not show for subdomains.

You can only remove hosts from the top level domain.
gh0std0g

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the "problem" was that since i didn't have any game servers configured on the main domain it never allowed the host management options to be visible.

Maybe you should show the tutorial mode on the default (BrowseByServer.aspx) and regardless of game servers existing of not, show the full options on the Hosts page.

Here are some screenshots to make it more clear:

This is what i get on the hosts page if there aren't any game servers configured on the main domain:

And with 1 server configured on the main domain:

Hope this is helpful.

Cheers and thank you for your help.
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: