RegisterRegister    Log inLog in    SearchSearch   

View previous topic :: View next topic  
mad-d702

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 11:08 am    Post subject: counter-strike:source server has started but it doesnt show Reply with quote

Hello! I was referred here by my friend to contact you about some support. I dont know much about this, however, my friend has his own servers. He used you guys on his Windows server. I guess he installed everything or set up everything but then it says the counter-strike:source server has started but it doesnt show on steam.

Can you guys help please...
adbot

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 3:57 am 

frostz

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 11:08 am    Post subject: Same problem here. Reply with quote

Hi I got the same problem here except with a Call of Duty 4, nothing shows up for info in xfire and people can't join because the server isn't responding. I also noticed that this forum is SUPER inactive and so we'll probably get a response within a week HOPEFULLY. But I really need help too.
frostz

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, and by the way, I think we all know what query failure is. It's when the Server tool can't query our computer because of an odd reason. Sometimes you just have to turn it off in the host tab and sometimes you have to change to Linux screen. Also you need to check it from your side to see if it's working. But seriously, I did not touch it and how come it suddenly stopped working, out of nowhere. We need solutions Andrew, man, please help man. There's got to be a reason for this happening and there is a lot of people with this problem. Help us ASAP please.
Andrew
Mammoth

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Query Failures are because the server itself was not queryable form the internet.

You should:

1) Run the server manually using the same command line GameCreate uses on the Server Overview page.

2) See what the console says about any errors (missing map for example?)

3) If you think the server is online, try querying it in-game or via a server query tool.
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: