RegisterRegister    Log inLog in    SearchSearch   

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Epi

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 1:42 am    Post subject: Subomdomain users Reply with quote

Is it possible to let subdomain users login to their subdomain through the main domain url if they don't have permission to use the main domain? I tried it but I couldn't..

i.e. A user has permission to manage their server which I have installed on a subdomain so that they can run a different version than other users. Rather than giving them the url for the subdomain, can they just use the main domain url? On my site I use an iframe for Gamecreate and so it just points to my main domain, but if subdomain users have to use the specific subdomain url then I'll have to give people the option of choosing which domain to logon to, whcih is a bit annoying, and knowing some of them they will forget ... Rolling Eyes
adbot

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 3:57 am 

Andrew
Mammoth

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not at this time no.

Subdomains are separated from one another, so you will need to let your user login at their subdomain url.

If you use an iframe, simply keep track of what domain url to point the user to instead of always pointing them to your top level domain.
Epi

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yep, ok thanks
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: