RegisterRegister    Log inLog in    SearchSearch   

View previous topic :: View next topic  
BLAST3R

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 9:17 pm    Post subject: Max players limit.. Reply with quote

When using this control panel as an ISP, wouldn't it be handy to have an option to actually limit/fix the number of players allowed? There is an option to enforce the number, but no option to actually limit it if the user has full access to the domain's servers.

Now I have to trust them or either threat to cancel their services if they change it to let's say 64 instead.

Would there be such function? This is a BIG function thats missing for ISP's.
adbot

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 3:57 am 

~Zedge~

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi there Blast3r.

I've been on a trip away from GC server for a while now, so i apologise if i say somehting incorrect.

As you say, GC does have an option whereby the number is enforced.

You wouldn't be giving your clients full domain access; you would specify their priviledges to only allow them to do the things you chose on the given server.

If you have a look at the permissions tab for the given server you are letting you client have, if I remember rightly, there is an option to prevent them from changing the number of slots Smile

And if they were to try and change the number of slots via the .cfg then gamecreate would prevent this from happening.

I hope this helps Smile

Zedge.
BLAST3R

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 1:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alot of thanks for your awnser!
This helped me alot..

Second question.. How can I make the tickrate not-editable?
~Zedge~

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You mean for CS?

I think there might be a way to do it through the game properties tab, but to be perfectly honest im not sure; it's not something ive had to look into yet Very Happy

Im sure someone else will answer your question soon Smile. I'll have a think in the meantime Smile

Zedge.
Steve
Mammoth

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's no real way to make the tick rate non-editable unless you remove file write permissions for the users, and then also remove the tickrate property from the game's properties section.

That way people can still configure their servers, but only with whatever options you allow them to have through properties.
~Zedge~

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

But could the tickrate not be changed from the command line at that point Steve?

:S - I guess what is needed to fully resolve the problem is for there to be an extra setting in permissions which prevents the command line from being manually altered, but this would probably be a pain to do.

Probably best to say that there is a percentage fee for rental of the tickrate or something, that way, if you keep tabs on it you can just charge accordingly.

Zedge.
Steve
Mammoth

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes that's right, they could still set it from the command line.

Currently there is no option to disable the command line being editable per server if someone has Write Configuration access.
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: