RegisterRegister    Log inLog in    SearchSearch   

View previous topic :: View next topic  
NoelF1

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2008 6:41 am    Post subject: rFactor 1.250 server! Reply with quote

Hi guys!

I got this rfactor version 1.250 server, and it's not updating in any way....i tried to upload the exe files of it to get it version 1.255 but no way! it can't even let me upload exe's or ddl plugin for it! still 1.250, not even the admin can do it!

can anyone help please?

thanks in advance![/b]

----

and how do i configure it? i can't figure out how to configure it from the panel especially how do i configure mods? how do i choose the one i want?! help please!
adbot

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 3:57 am 

~Zedge~

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 4:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hehe, your question is very broad and perhaps needs to be refined a little before a good answer can be goven Razz

But, as a start...

In terms of updating the server - what do you mean admin can't do it? Are you renting from someone?

Configuring the mods...well, are the mods installed in the first place?

If so, each mod has different files which are called from the command line as required - do you have a variable (in the form of a drop down list) to select a given mod in the panel?

If the mods aren't pre configured by GC, you might have to do a little work and set up the files for GC and then set some variables to select the mods Smile

I hope this helps - shout if I've missed the point or if you need further assistance Smile

Zed.
NoelF1

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

~Zedge~ wrote:
Hehe, your question is very broad and perhaps needs to be refined a little before a good answer can be goven Razz

But, as a start...

In terms of updating the server - what do you mean admin can't do it? Are you renting from someone?

Configuring the mods...well, are the mods installed in the first place?

If so, each mod has different files which are called from the command line as required - do you have a variable (in the form of a drop down list) to select a given mod in the panel?

If the mods aren't pre configured by GC, you might have to do a little work and set up the files for GC and then set some variables to select the mods Smile

I hope this helps - shout if I've missed the point or if you need further assistance Smile

Zed.
well for the mods i discovered how to do it.... and worked perfectly................

.....................about the updating, yes someone is hosting me on his server using the gamecreate panel, the problem is that the admin of the server is uploading the rFactor 1.255 files and trying to overwrite them while the server is offline, but they still aren't updating to the latest version of the game... he is doing it the right way but the game ain't updating well.
Steve
Mammoth

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What exactly is happening when you try to update it?

Paste the command line you're trying to use in GameCreate, and also see if you can start a server without GameCreate at all and see if that works, then let us know the result.
NoelF1

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 5:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

when the admin uploads the update files and extracts them on the server, and replace the files the game does not update. simple thats all.

Sad
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: