RegisterRegister    Log inLog in    SearchSearch   

View previous topic :: View next topic  
nextgi

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 4:36 pm    Post subject: Multiple addons for DODs and CSS Reply with quote

Hi Everyone,

I am trying to run css and dods with multple servers with diferent modules/plugins. Well in the addons folder both games read all that is there. How do install mods on a per-server bases? I saw someone else post this but they were told to pretty much f-off. Which i find as horrible support.

Anyway a good and quick answer would be nice.
adbot

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 3:57 am 

Steve
Mammoth

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Generally speaking, you would need to make a subdomain for each server if you want them to run different mods in that manner.

Depending on which mods and plugins you use, you may be able to set it up so each server only uses the addons or plugins you want.

Some addons require the use of the autoexec.cfg, which would effect all servers running from that directory (if you were to use es_load gungame for e.g.).

Using metamod, you can specify a plugins file -
+mm_pluginsfile addons/metamod/metaplugins27015.ini
although some of these plugins will load regardless of you stipulating their use in the plugins file.

Using the subdomains method is probably the easiest way to do this, while having the least chance for conflicts and confusion.
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: