RegisterRegister    Log inLog in    SearchSearch   

View previous topic :: View next topic  
DieHard

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 11:07 pm    Post subject: After server start port folder appears.. Reply with quote

After server start a port folder appears. But i don't want this folder with the name of the netport. I already took the command out of the command line, but this doesn't work?

When the port is for example 28960, then it always makes a folder with the name "28960". How can i turn this off?

I don't want to use the pb folder in the "28960" folder. Now I have 2 times a main and pb folder in the game directory and the ""28960" folder.

Is there a solution for this to turn it off?

Thank you,
DieHard
adbot

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 3:57 am 

Gagi2

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

this is a thing you do not NEED to do.... but its BETTER if you do...

when you have more than ONE server of this game you have i.e. all logfiles/pb things etc in ONE dir?
pb stuff is usually NOT working FINE like this... because there are logfiles and cfgs with the SAME name for DIFFERENT servers
pb screenshots are overwriting screens of another server with the samne filename and so on...

with the port dirs you have an extra dir for every server...

its your host so you can do whatever you want.... but I would do it like that... Cool
Steve
Mammoth

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As Gagi2 explained, it's done in this way so files aren't being overwritten when using several servers from the one install.

The original PB folder is left intact, and the contents are copied to a new directory for each different port a server is started on.

At this time there is no way to turn off the creation of those new folders.
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: