RegisterRegister    Log inLog in    SearchSearch   

View previous topic :: View next topic  
gp

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 5:55 pm    Post subject: Trackmania Forever - Linux Install Reply with quote

Hi all,

It seems that the '/TrackmaniaServer' part is missing on the launch command for Trackmania Forever (linux), so it is just cd'ing to /gamecreate/trackmaniaforever/ and trying to exec /gamecreate/trackmaniaforever /nodaemon etc etc.

I've tried to edit this but can't seem to find where -- is it something that you guys have to edit?

Cheers,
adbot

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 3:57 am 

Steve
Mammoth

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've added that as the linux executable.
gp

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2008 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm, I'm still having troubles with this.

Failure reports show:

Fail Process failure (Server crashed?)
Stop GameCreate stopped server
Start GameCreate attempted to start server
Fail Process failure (Server crashed?
Stop GameCreate stopped server
Start GameCreate attempted to start server

I'm using the default command line for it, and this works fine manually (in fact I have the server up in a screen now, using the gamecreate configs to run)
gp

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2008 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nevermind, fixed it. I took the "'s out of the launch command, for some reason it was executing these as _'s, and not loading the tracklist
ukgameplayers

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 8:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I need some help with this.

Here is my error:

Code:
LOG: Wed Jul 16 22:51:23 2008: ** Start GameCreate Booking: ID 9409337 **
LOG: Wed Jul 16 22:51:23 2008: Launching process: C:\GameCreate\trackmaniaforever\TrackmaniaServer.exe /nodaemon /internet /game_settings="MatchSettings\Tracks31000.txt" /dedicated_cfg=config31000.cfg from directory C:\GameCreate\trackmaniaforever
LOG: Wed Jul 16 23:52:01 2008: The system cannot find the file specified.
 (Error Code: 2)

Something missing??????

Thanks in advance for your help with this guys Laughing
ukgameplayers

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 8:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ps.....update to the error log above

OK......when i first installed this server and downloaded the files, it did NOT install ALL the files....notably, the .exe file was missing amongst a BIG list of stuff. Luckily, I already run a dedicated trackmania server directly and not through gamecreate.

I picked up all the files that i currently use on my dedicated server and dropped them into the gamecreate folder that was created using this website.

I now have got a little further and the game window appears to load....it loads to the point of connecting to the NADEO master server, but the password is incorrect. EVEN, if i use my dedicated server server name and password.

I also need to let you guys know that this is a windows 2003 server, and not a linux server (as the topic suggested, which i hijacked....apologies for this) and i dont think this makes any difference anyway.

So.....i think i need to know the following:

Does the trackmania server you provide via gamecreate has its own nadeo server name and password?.....or when someone tries to book a temporary server (which i provide on my website) will they need their OWN nadeo server and password for the server to run (or its just ok to type anything in the server name and password)???

Any help to get this working......would be very much appreciated.
Thanks
Steve
Mammoth

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When you have files missing you might want to try a reinstall with the verify all files option, to make sure your files are up to date properly with the master server.

Did you take the server log in details from your non-GameCreate dedicated server?

They should work - our local copies are all working as intended on Windows Server 2003. Logging into the master server as expected.

You need to provide your own account details - GameCreate by default will either have no details, or generic details like User/Account

You can allow users to specify their own master server log in details but this might not be very user friendly.

Hiding the properties may also prove difficult, so using your own server details for bookings is not really advisable.

Is it only when using GameCreate that your server is anable to establish a connection to the master server?
ukgameplayers

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 3:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes....using my own server details account, its only the gamecreate files that dont work.

My dedicated server works beautifully with the files i downloaded elsewhere (tm-forum.com)

The reason i am attempting to offer temporary servers is to allow other people that dont have a dedicated server to "rent" one for a small period of time (2hrs)

I will try to re-install and see if that makes a difference. But as you say, if you have your OWN master account details to provide servers, then it should work !
Kybber

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you manage to get TMF running in Linux? If not, please have a look here:
http://www.gamecreate.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1446
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: