RegisterRegister    Log inLog in    SearchSearch   

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jorge123

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2006 10:15 am    Post subject: i cant get game create to work with a router Reply with quote

i am using a windows xp computer and i have a LINKSYS ROUTER plz help me
adbot

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 3:57 am 

cc2iscool

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2006 1:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Jorge,

Configuring your router is actually really easy. First, the computer you're running GameCreate off of should be on a static IP. If you don't understand this, it means that the computer doesn't ask the router what IP it should use, instead you tell it what to use.

Since Linksys is default to 192.168.1.x, I will tell you how to use it like that. First, you need to go to Start > Control Panel > Network Connections. For the connection you use to connect to your router (wireless or ethernet) right click on it and choose "properties". In the scroll box, look for "Internet Protocol TCP/IP" and highlight it. Click the "Properties" button. Now, insert the following values:

IP Address: 192.168.1.40
Subnet Mask: 255.255.255.0
Default Gateway: 192.168.1.1

Preferred DNS Server: 192.168.1.1
Alternate DNS Server: leave blank

Hit OK on that window, and OK on the properties window. Close your network connections.

I am going to also assume that your router is connected to your modem via the "internet" port and is working correctly. Correct me if I am wrong.

Login to your Linksys router. This can be accomplished by putting the following address into your address bar: http://192.168.1.1 . Use an empty user (no user) and "admin" as the pass. If you had changed it in the past, use the password that it should be. Go to the tab "Applications and Gaming". Now all you have to do is pretty much forward from ports 2000 to maybe 40000. Remember, before having your ports wide open, get a firewall, if you don't already have one. Insert the values 2000 in the first port box, 40000 in the next. For IP address, insert 192.168.1.40. For protocol select "Both". Check the enabled box and hit "apply" at the bottom of the page. Now you should be able to start GameCreate and other people will be able to connect to your games.
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: