RegisterRegister    Log inLog in    SearchSearch   

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Alex

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 5:12 am    Post subject: FTP and Teamspeak question Reply with quote

Hi!

I've successfully installed gamecreate on my linux VPS and i've got CS: Source servers running on it. How can i create an exclusive FTP for each server so that each user can see only their own game files, their own cfg's, because i've tried to create another user for the second server, i connect through ftp and I see the cfg's of the first server.

Another problem that i have, is that when I try to install TeamSpeak, Teamspeak 3 or Ventrilo, a message appears saying that i need a license, how can i let it work?
adbot

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 3:57 am 

Andrew
Mammoth

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey,

See http://doc.gamecreate.com/ManualFtp for help on FTP. Note the bits about shared directories.

If you *really* wanted to try and limit users config files, you can try using Advanced Permissions and hiding files that way.

However, I suspect you really want each person (or customer) to have their own install directory.

You should use the sub domain feature to completely isolate installation directories.

As for requiring a license, you need to use a Custom Content Server (see the Download link on the left) in order to support automated game installs.

If you just want to quickly get a server up and running though, visit Domain Packages and tick 'Use custom content server' and tick Ventrilo/TeamSpeak.

You can now install the game.

If you don't intend to setup the custom content server, on the confirmation screen of the install, click 'Dont download the game software to the host' under Advanced Options to skip the actual download.
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: