RegisterRegister    Log inLog in    SearchSearch   

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Which Billing System do you use with GameCreate?
WHMCS - www.whmcs.com
23%
 23%  [ 3 ]
ClientExec - www.clientexec.com
7%
 7%  [ 1 ]
Manual Process - Setup by your rental staff
7%
 7%  [ 1 ]
Custom solution - Automated using GameCreate WebService API (Remote.asmx/MakeBooking.asmx)
23%
 23%  [ 3 ]
Other - Please add a comment
7%
 7%  [ 1 ]
I don't rent servers, just let me see the results
30%
 30%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 13

Andrew
Mammoth

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 2:41 pm    Post subject: Billing API: What's required? Reply with quote

Hi,

We are interested in how existing customers are using GameCreate in a rental service environment.

Do you automate the provisioning of your customer servers using a billing service, such as WHMCS or ClientExec?

Are you provisioning servers manually? If so, why?

Have you considered implementing an automated setup, but decided not to? Why?

Any other comments would be appreciated.

Thanks!
adbot

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 3:57 am 

carlino1994

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am creating a customized module for WHMCS (compatible only for 'GTA: San Andreas').
farmerbill256

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 1:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I want to help out with your survey so here we go.

My hosting service uses a part automated, and part manual system.

All payments, contact and billing information go through automatically via a custom paypal variable button system created in Java script (so I don't have to spend money on a billing system which I can make myself).

My system is testable via:

http://www.holycakemovement.com/hosting/s_order_cost.html

However due to my lack of experience and understanding on how to inter grate a after-payment confirmation system and the Gamecreate Control Panel I still have to announce that servers are set up within "24 hours of payment" (as this is within my time to check the contact details and payments).

I am definitely looking to make a automated server setup system when I have the time and the experience to implement it.

Your Gamecreate control panel is one of the best control panels I have personally used, helps keep costs down as it is free (which I hope it stays that way as long as possible) and offers some great features (such as server statistics, which let me monitor overall usage of my server box without having to keep on logging into the Remote Desktop).

If I was looking for one more thing, it would be a Gamecreate integrate-able billing system which can log into the control panel, setup users, setup subdomains for each new user and game server, setup game servers and not overuse the server box (stop users from buying a game server if it would make the server resources overused).

But seeing as how it is an amazing and free control panel, I really shouldn't ask for more than what you offer already.

I hope this helps in your survey!
Andrew
Mammoth

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank's for the detailed reply. We're looking at doing a more detailed survey soonish too.
ryguy222

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 7:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello

I'm the owner of evlgaming.com

Right now we resell for a few different hosts. Right now we are slowly getting a few dedicated servers. We started using Game Create on our first box, and it runs amazingly well. I'm shocked at how well everything works. It definitly gives that other game panel (TC) a RUN for it's money! (in my humble opinion!)

Right now we use WHMCS because of it's simplicity (ordering server slots etc) We offer webhosting, and that currently sets up automatically.

I would love a game create automatic module for WHMCS, or client exec! A lot of times such modules cost $30-$40, that could be a way to offset some of your costs, to keep things free.

If you need anyway to help test anything out, or if you have anymore questions please feel free to contact me.

Thanks
Andrew
Mammoth

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the feedback.
LukLuk

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 1:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are there any free alternatives for billing?

EDIT: Which do not require me to be an expert in PHP, etc. Very Happy
Kybber

PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2010 6:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Multigamer.no uses PayPal along with a customised solution for creating and removing servers.

LukLuk: Paypal is free to use, and easy enough. There are API-implementations for many different web framework (CMSs etc) which you may be able to use.
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: