RegisterRegister    Log inLog in    SearchSearch   

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Blazingfire

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 12:42 am    Post subject: External authentication question Reply with quote

Hi again,

Just one question that is bothering me. I've set up everything for external authentication as described on wiki pages and was explained few times here in forum. For begining I've set up phpbb forum database and took your example. I changed only parameters for database (username, pass, database, host). When checked auth.php in my browser I got response you already wrote here:

Quote:
<SOAP-ENV:Envelope SOAP-ENV:encodingStyle="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/encoding/">

<SOAP-ENV:Body>

<SOAP-ENV:Fault>
<faultcode xsi:type="xsd:string">SOAP-ENV:Client</faultcode>
<faultactor xsi:type="xsd:string"/>

<faultstring xsi:type="xsd:string">
Operation '' is not defined in the WSDL for this service
</faultstring>
<detail xsi:type="xsd:string"/>
</SOAP-ENV:Fault>
</SOAP-ENV:Body>
</SOAP-ENV:Envelope>

Fine up to here. But when I want to change autentication in GC panel I get empty strings for users (I belive there should be something instead of just "(.)" ). So I checked what do I get if I run sql strings and everything works as it should.
Also logs from web server don't show any error and the same thing is if I turn on error displaying in php.ini.

I don't know where or what should I do to make it work. Can anybody tell me what to look for to solve this.

Regards
adbot

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 3:57 am 

Andrew
Mammoth

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where are these empty strings? I assume you mean when you 'Search for a user' via the Permissions tabs.

If you like, I can run a test against your web service (it's something I want to have in-built in to GC, but do not have the time right now) to check its working correctly.

Can you provide me an example username/password and your Auth Url (PM me if you like)?

MOST LIKELY, the reason you are receiving empty strings is because you are returning empty strings.

Can you please post the full code you have used as your web service too, I'll see if I spot anything wrong.
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: