RegisterRegister    Log inLog in    SearchSearch   

View previous topic :: View next topic  
phawk3r

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2006 3:35 pm    Post subject: Manage users... Reply with quote

I can't seem to figure out how to manage user accounts that register under my account. I have clicked on my host then the permissions tab but there is never anything in there.

I am just trying to figure out how to control users incase someone starts trying to abuse adding temp servers or something.
adbot

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 3:57 am 

Andrew
Mammoth

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2006 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Each entity (server, host, game, domain) can have permissions assigned to it.

If you see no users, no users have explicit permission to that entity.

If you only want someone to be able to see one server, assign them permission to that server's permissions tab.
phawk3r

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2006 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Right, but I don't know how to get a list of current users so I can assign them the proper permissions. I did the search by name and email and nothing came up.

For an example, using the demo on this site...

http://demo.world.gamecreate.com/admin/ServerPermissions.aspx?id=289018

Thats what I mean. How do I get the user list so I can assign them permission to that server?

Also I wanna be able to edit users. Like their password, or server, or delete them if need...
Andrew
Mammoth

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2006 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try chucking in my email there (andrew ..@.. mammoth dot com dot au).

Quote:
Also I wanna be able to edit users. Like their password, or server, or delete them if need...

There are two forms of authentication GameCreate uses.

The one that everyone starts off with, is internal authentication.

This is GameCreate's own internal list of usernames and passwords; shared across every GameCreate domain.

You cannot delete or modify people's account passwords on GameCreate's Internal authentication.

You can edit and delete servers via GameCreate, you dont need their login details to do this.

Once you add someone to the permission list on an object, you can simply remove them from it to immediately remove their access - if they have no permission, they cant access that entity anymore.

The other form of authentication is external authentication, which allows you to remotely integrate your user database with a database stucture of your own choice (eg, a phpBB forum database, or your own proprierty database of users).

All you need to do is setup some backend stuff to allow GameCreate to retrieve user information from your database backend. Of course, since its your database of users, you can do whatever you want with them.

See http://doc.gamecreate.com/ManualExternalUserAuthentication for more information on GameCreate Authentication
phawk3r

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2006 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay I'll check that out. One last question though. I did the search by email and was able to find my test account I made and I gave it full permission to a created server but I cant login to my Game Create with it.

http://phawk3r.us.gamecreate.com/admin/Login.aspx

Thats the link I am using to try and login with my created account.
Andrew
Mammoth

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your going to have to be more specific.

If you assigned a specific user account permission to a resource in your domain, they will be able to login.

What error do you get when trying to login?
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: