RegisterRegister    Log inLog in    SearchSearch   

View previous topic :: View next topic  
snakenath

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2010 7:30 pm    Post subject: EU Server Error ? Reply with quote

I am using GameCreate and have attempted to download counter strike source etc. to my host.

Counterstrike Source Failes Totally

Team Fortress Says it installed successfully but when i look in the folder there is only CFG files in there and nothing else and it fails to boot servers up if you try.
adbot

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 3:57 am 

snakenath

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 5:51 pm    Post subject: Re: EU Server Reply with quote

It only seems to be with Orange Box Based Servers.

BF2 Etc. Download properly.

CSS. Just fails totally.
Steve
Mammoth

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can you tell us what the output of the GC console says when you go to install these games.

Are you using windows or linux?

We don't keep the linux repositories anymore. You'd need to install those manually yourself, and then in GameCreate use the install - adavanced option saying the files are already in place for that game.

Some slight internal changes were made to the packaging system we use for the main-downloadable orange box files, but that should not have changed how they work when attempting to install on windows hosts.
snakenath

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am using Linux so that explains it.

It is ashame that you dont keep the linux respositories anymore.

I have used gamecreate for a while now using Linux and Windows but due to not requring the for a specific period i allowed it to expire.

If you started keeping the linux respositories that would be great or have a look at offering a similar service again that would be great. as i feel it is a bit of a let down. I am trying to automate it as much as i can including downloading etc. and i believed it had the edge but if you have to manually install them then it has lost its edge. Sad
Kybber

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you are using a single host, then an automated update doesn't save you much work compared to updating manually.

If you are using several hosts, then you should look into creating your own content server. You'll find the necessary files here: http://www.gamecreate.com/downloads.php
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: