RegisterRegister    Log inLog in    SearchSearch   

View previous topic :: View next topic  
c0bra

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 9:42 pm    Post subject: Usage from Servers which be installed before Reply with quote

Hey Guys,
I've got a little question: Is it possible to use the Webinterface to administrate servers which was installed before? I add a gameserver from me, GameCreate detect it and show me the players they played on, but I can't restart or stop it. Should there be a solution for this problem?

By the way, are there problems with installing CS:Source on GameCreate? Last day I try to install CS:S but that doesn't work, so I try to delete it, but that doens't work anyway. What can I do?

Regards
c0bra
adbot

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 3:57 am 

Kybber

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2010 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You need to place preinstalled games into a specific directory structure to make them work with GC. For instance, let's say you have GC installed in /home/cobra/gamecreate/ Your css installation should then be placed in /home/cobra/gamecreate/orange-box (srcds_run should be in /home/cobra/gamecreate/orange-box/orangebox/srcds_run) That way GC knows where to find the server files, and can download config files to the appropriate location and start/stop the server.

You should also make sure to transfer your existing configs to GC's files, as well as amend the command-line to suit your needs. Keep in mind that GC most likely does not use the exact filenames for config files that you have been using, so you'll need to adapt your files and tinker a bit.

The GC devs don't maintain Linux installations anymore. You will either need to manually maintain it on your host, or, as is more practical for several hosts, create a content master server.
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: