RegisterRegister    Log inLog in    SearchSearch   

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Blaman

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2006 10:18 pm    Post subject: Vent password hashing Reply with quote

Aim: to write a php based 'script' that will allow users to register their nicknames on my community vent server.

Method: The script is somewhat easy to create, a simple input page -> output to text file does the trick... and using nifty gamecreate code it uploads to the GC server for my vent thing. sounds easy.
The problem is the damned password hashing.

After speaking with one of the GC guys, it was explained that I need the password hashing binary, which sounds great... just what would be handy. Execute it using php shell and away we go. Again, I have a problem... I have posted the question on the vent forums as to where i can obtain said binary file with no answer... at all.

Question: Has anyone else done something like this before that could help me with the password hashing? I know there is C code on the net that could be used.. but im having trouble compiling this code, or converting it to PHP.
Idealy, it would be great for said C code to be converted to PHP, but the use of a binary would still suit.

Any sugestions?
adbot

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 3:57 am 

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: