RegisterRegister    Log inLog in    SearchSearch   

View previous topic :: View next topic  
nicke157

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2011 9:25 pm    Post subject: Server crashing every 8 minute Reply with quote

Then I run my ArmA 2 server through Gamecreate it rebooting (or crashing) after 8 minutes.
But if I running without Gamecreate it not crashing.

The server is empty and not running any mission (just a lobby when you join the server as it should).
adbot

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 3:57 am 

Kybber

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 8:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like it is a query issue: GC tries to query your server every few minutes from a central GC-host. If it fails, the GC client on your host is instructed to restart the server. You can verify that this is the case by looking at the failure log in the GC web panel which should say something about "query failure".

Make sure that you have opened your firewall for server queries and performed necessary NATing.
dende

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2011 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Go to Host tab and deselect monitoring.
Cyber_Punk

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2011 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dende wrote:
Go to Host tab and deselect monitoring.

thanks for the tip I was wondering why gamecreate kept closing my killing floor and l4d2 servers >.<
Kybber

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2011 12:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Problem with that solution is that if your server freezes up but doesn't actually die, then GC will not notice and will not restart it. The better solution is to ensure that GC is able to query the server.
Cyber_Punk

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2011 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kybber wrote:
Problem with that solution is that if your server freezes up but doesn't actually die, then GC will not notice and will not restart it. The better solution is to ensure that GC is able to query the server.

That's the thing it shouldn't have a problem querying it... what happens is when no players use the server GC starts getting querying errors since I have stopped it from querying, my servers have been up since my last post and are still connectible and running fine. So I'm not sure what the problem with that is.....
Kybber

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2011 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So what you're saying is that when there are players on the server, GC queries fine, but when the server is empty it does not and restarts because of query failure? That is really weird... Have you tried to query your server yourself, using your external (non-LAN) IP? qstat is an excellent tool for this. If you get a response, then GC should get a response too, and vice versa.
Cyber_Punk

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kybber wrote:
So what you're saying is that when there are players on the server, GC queries fine, but when the server is empty it does not and restarts because of query failure? That is really weird... Have you tried to query your server yourself, using your external (non-LAN) IP? qstat is an excellent tool for this. If you get a response, then GC should get a response too, and vice versa.

Yes that is exactly what is happening when no players are on it gets query failures and restarts the server then after so many restarts gamecreate simply stops the server all together. I have had my servers up and running perfectly fine with players connecting playing and having a good ol' time since stopping the GC queries indicating the problem does not lay in my servers but something is a muck in the way gc is querying or rather handling the info from the query. Also GameTracker queries the servers just fine....
Kybber

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't run any Killing Floor servers, but our L4D2-servers are queried fine by GC.

Could it be some sort of weird stuff with your router, perhaps? I don't know much about networking, but maybe the router blocks that particular kind fo connection attempt whenever there is no other activity? Dunno what's going on, all I can say is that it works for me.
Cyber_Punk

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kybber wrote:
I don't run any Killing Floor servers, but our L4D2-servers are queried fine by GC.

Could it be some sort of weird stuff with your router, perhaps? I don't know much about networking, but maybe the router blocks that particular kind fo connection attempt whenever there is no other activity? Dunno what's going on, all I can say is that it works for me.

Ah o.k I sorted mine out I believe. They have been running empty for the last 30 minutes without a query error. My problem stemmed from multi-homing the servers by the command line but not actually adding the other addresses as the hosts address. Adding the new addresses and just pointing the servers to that address and adding the %server:ip% var back in seemed to sort it all out. Looks like the server ip is used internally by GC to know which IP to query >.<
Kybber

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, that is correct. The port that GC queries is a fixed offset (though often equal to 0) from the game port given by %server:port%, and the IP is the one given by %server:ip%. Although you can easily change both the IP and query port that the server uses, you can not modify the IP and port that GC will attempt to query, which will then lead to query error. Therefore always use the correct IP (%server:ip%) and query port (%server:port% + unmodified_offset_from_the_default_file_or_command_line) in your files/command lines.

Glad it worked out for you Smile
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: