RegisterRegister    Log inLog in    SearchSearch   

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Epi

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 10:09 pm    Post subject: Gamecreate "idiot loop" -.- Reply with quote

well, I needed to install an rfactor server on one of my dedi boxes, and decided to use gamecreate as usual. Whilst waiting for the install, I decided to setup a server to use once the rfactor was ready. However Gamecreate content server is incredibly slow today and the install is stuck on 0%. So i decide to download rfactor myself from the rfactor website trial option. I then decide to install it, and so logically i want to stop the gamecreate install, and do it manually. HOWEVER when i click to uninstall it tells me I must delete the game server first. Ok i think, but then when i do click remove server it tells me i must stop the game server first. However the server Status is set to updating, since rfactor is installing, and there are no start/stop/restart options for me to stop it. So therefore i cannot stop the server, so i cannot remove it, so i cannot stop rfactor installing through gamecreate. hence "idiot loop". Is there anyway to kill the install? or make it realise the game has been fully installed manually? cuz it seems like its gonna take about 2 days too download -.-

"Unable to remove this software from X as one or more servers require the package(s) to be installed. "
"The server must be Stopped first before it may be deleted.

Click the 'Stop' button under Server Status in order to delete this server."
"Server Status

Failure ReportsFailure Reports
Last started: Never
Last failed: Never"

no stop button ^^^^^^^^^

[Edit]
By closing the Gamecreate client, Gamecreate then gave me the option to "mark the server as stopped", which then allowed me to remove the server, and stop the install.
It still seems to me to be a slight programming flaw that there is no way to force an installation to stop. oh wellllllll byeee
adbot

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 3:57 am 

Andrew
Mammoth

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah theres no way to cancel an install (other than to let it time out), nor is there a way to remove servers stuck on Updating while an uninstall is occuring.

I suppose a 'Delete' option should still work in this case as the server is actually offline during that time.
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: