RegisterRegister    Log inLog in    SearchSearch   

View previous topic :: View next topic  
sim0n

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 6:39 am    Post subject: Linux status Reply with quote

Hi,

I just found your cp and am really amazed of it !
What is the current status on linux support ?
What works, what doesn't ?

Do most of your supported games work on linux too (mainly interested in BF2, any Valve title, CoD2) ?

Is there an ETA for the final release ?

Thnx
adbot

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 3:57 am 

Andrew
Mammoth

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey,

We are still in development, and there is no ETA yet on a final release.

We run a few linux hosts at the moment ourselves (mostly for Ventrilo and Counter-Strike: Source).

BF2, CSS/DODS, CS/DOD/CZ etc all work with GameCreate on both windows and linux.

CoD2 on linux is untested.

Your welcome to setup a free account (on the left!) and give it all a test run yourself though Smile
sim0n

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I 've created an account yesterday and started to install a game.
Haven't tested it yet though because it takes quite long to download Smile.

But found one disturbing thing.... I created a gameserver based on the not yet fully downloaded game. Now I can't stop the download or remove the game again because it says the server is running.
Allthough it is obviously and really, not running Smile.

Also you might want to strip unneccessary files from the packages ? There was a video file of >300mb, which is absolutely not neccessary for a dedicated server...hmmm

Anyway.
I also found out that the control panel is actually hosted on your servers.
Is it possible to theme it ?
I know there are webservices, which is great, but AFAIK you can't do everything a customer might want to do, using them ? (changing config files f.ex.)
Andrew
Mammoth

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sim0n wrote:
I 've created an account yesterday and started to install a game.
Haven't tested it yet though because it takes quite long to download Smile.

A sample game you could install is the Shoutcast game - its around 500KB, if that!

Quote:
But found one disturbing thing.... I created a gameserver based on the not yet fully downloaded game. Now I can't stop the download or remove the game again because it says the server is running.

Yeah this is a bug I noticed which I hope to fix soon.
In the meantime, just close GameCreate Client, wait ~5-10 minutes and your host will appear to drop offline on the GameCreate website. Once that is done, visit the hosts overview page again, you will see a new Stop button appear, click it, then remove the server (or just stop it).

Then run GC Client again.

Quote:

Also you might want to strip unneccessary files from the packages ? There was a video file of >300mb, which is absolutely not neccessary for a dedicated server...hmmm

Our installs were made by us for us many years ago (some games are several years old and have not changed since then!).
Which game was this video in? We would obviously want to remove anything like that which is not needed!

Quote:

Anyway.
I also found out that the control panel is actually hosted on your servers.
Is it possible to theme it ?
I know there are webservices, which is great, but AFAIK you can't do everything a customer might want to do, using them ? (changing config files f.ex.)

You cant theme it at the moment.

You can however automate creating servers/files/domains etc for customers if you want to provide them a link to login.
You can still control who has access to what.

Can look into providing some theming for GameCreate on our todo list, this should be relativly simple to style items such as the stylesheet.
sim0n

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

Quote:

Yeah this is a bug I noticed which I hope to fix soon.
In the meantime, just close GameCreate Client, wait ~5-10 minutes and your host will appear to drop offline on the GameCreate website. Once that is done, visit the hosts overview page again, you will see a new Stop button appear, click it, then remove the server (or just stop it).

Then run GC Client again.

Ah ok Smile
Will try that thnx !
(A "reset status" button for advanced users would be nice...)

Quote:

Quote:

Also you might want to strip unnecessary files from the packages ? There was a video file of >300mb, which is absolutely not necessary for a dedicated server...hmmm

Our installs were made by us for us many years ago (some games are several years old and have not changed since then!).
Which game was this video in? We would obviously want to remove anything like that which is not needed!

Oh ok... Well I installed enemy territory. The concerning file is "etmain/video/etintro.roq".

Quote:
You can however automate creating servers/files/domains etc for customers if you want to provide them a link to login.
You can still control who has access to what.

If it is possible to completely remote control all the features a customers might want (including bookings etc), than that's all I would need Smile.
I don't want to send a customer to a control panel which doesn't fit our design and which is at an address like "blabla.blabla.xx.gamecreate.com" ... Doesn't look good IMHO.

Quote:
Can look into providing some theming for GameCreate on our todo list, this should be relatively simple to style items such as the stylesheet.

Stylesheets and also the possibility to set a custom logo ...
That would be nice.

Thnx for your quick replies Smile
Andrew
Mammoth

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Check out http://doc.gamecreate.com/ManualWebService

This will be what you are after Smile
sioban

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 8:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

running a bf2 server with gamecreate since several month now.

some very little bugs wich are corrected very fast, but that's all.

some things are very convenient, like template, adding mod easily, etc.

i m very happy using that interface.
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: