RegisterRegister    Log inLog in    SearchSearch   

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Twobit

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2006 5:55 am    Post subject: Bandwidth Usage for GC Reply with quote

Hi,

Im just wonder what the average and worst case bw usage is for the data being transmitted to the web interface. Im sure it would depend on number of servers running etc..

Regards,
Twobit
adbot

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 3:57 am 

Andrew
Mammoth

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2006 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey,

I dont have a real figure for you, as we have never really looked into it.

Obviously, depending on the amount of servers running on the host, etc, it will vary.

I can look into getting some averages though for you from some of our hosts to see how much bandwidth does get used.
Twobit

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2006 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks - for use its sadly a big problem. Our telecoms company has the hold on the bandwidth - looking at $15per gig (last time i check) but that was for ADSL speeds - might be a litle cheaper on the faster connections.

I know it will be hard to get actual stats etc.. we will most prob run 4-6 servers on each host (dependin on the specs), and we will currently be running 2 hosts - with plans for around 10 more..

But your package is very nice - thanks! keep up the good work.
Andrew
Mammoth

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2006 8:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You would have to see how it performs on your host, but it would be a trivial amount, eg, a few kilobytes of data per day, or ~5-10MB per month.
Twobit

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2006 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

really that little - thanks.. i had it running on my pc - came out to be around 25mb/10hrs - was getting worried about our costs for b/w. Maybe some thing else was running in background or updating.. I noticed the console for GC was only using 11bytes etc.. hardly anything.

Thanks for the speedy reply!
Andrew
Mammoth

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2006 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

25mb sounds very excessive, are you sure this figure is accurate?

The client would only be doing ping/pong, checking system performance, etc, only a few bytes.

When starting a server though, you are receiving the size of those configuration files.

25Mb sounds a bit too much though, could you re-test?
Twobit

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2006 3:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That values was from the internet connection properties.. After installing a trial of NetLimiter - it turned out windows was updating itself in the background.

With playing around with hosting servers etc i got around 75-100kb/h which seems around the correct value as each server start takes around 30kb to open it seems. If not opening/cloasing servers its around 30-40kb/h. Just a rough test.. but looking good.

Thanks for your help again - very easy to use tool, trying out your SOAP interface now so we can implement a public test on our site.
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: