RegisterRegister    Log inLog in    SearchSearch   

Goto page 1, 2  Next 
View previous topic :: View next topic  
siberian

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 1:00 pm    Post subject: extra ips Reply with quote

I'm looking for the format to show the multiple IPs for a host.. is it coma delimited or space i.e.
extra ips 65.90.251.186, 65.90.251.194-187, 65.90.251.194-188
or
extra ips 65.90.251.186 65.90.251.194-187 65.90.251.194-188
or
extra ips 65.90.251.186-188

I actually have 5 IPs on one server
any help appreciated
adbot

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 3:57 am 

Andrew
Mammoth

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 8:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its comma delimited:

extra-ips first,second,third...

But I don't think its even supported anymore.

We plan to add proper additional IP support at a later date though, its on our todo list.

The best thing you can do for now is turn off querying of servers on a host (uncheck the Server Query box in a Host Configuration area) and then manually tell servers to bind to a specific IP in their config files.
siberian

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Its comma delimited:

extra-ips first,second,third...

But I don't think its even supported anymore.

We plan to add proper additional IP support at a later date though, its on our todo list.

The best thing you can do for now is turn off querying of servers on a host (uncheck the Server Query box in a Host Configuration area) and then manually tell servers to bind to a specific IP in their config files.

Not a problem, been installing games manually for years now. I figured you guys are already making my job easier by not having to u/l every game I wanted (which every gpanel requires). SO why not see if it would configure the IPs as well Smile I do have to say "you guys have a excellent program" Exclamation . Once game create runs and the website finds the host everythings easy. This is however the first time I went with installing my own gpanel.. I usually buy pre-installed gpanels on my other servers, however since I now resell dedicated servers, I wanted to be able to offer one to my customers. I researched everyone of them and if it's not the cost, its the crappy customer service, attitude or lack of support or all of the above. There are a few games that won't run from the original install, however a little tweaking and away you go... Thanks again
Andrew
Mammoth

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the feedback.

Just so you know, we do plan to include automatic extra-ip support - its on our list of things to be done.
chaos

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yea I really need this feature. We were using serverdoc because and it did the job but no the way i wanted it to. I really like this idea so far. However we have 1 box with 3 servers running on them and it appears i will have to install 3 gamecreates to beable to use 3 different ip's for each game server. for example

CSS: 209.124.59.4:27015
DOD: 209.124.59.3.27015
CS: 209.124.59.5:27015

Also maybe another feature to add is so that we can install games manually without having to wait the long time to have gamecreate to download them. For example i already have my server files created i just need a new Game Server Manager. So i had to redownload the games so that the site would see that i have it downloaded to create the server. But so far i like it Very Happy
Andrew
Mammoth

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can already mark games as installed.

Just tick 'Do not download the software, its already installed' on the 'Advanced Options' box in the final Install step Smile
chaos

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh..., i saw the advanced options but nothing was in it. hrm

anyways i guess my idea in the previous post wont work as you can only have 1 gamecreate at a time running. Do you know any other way around this andrew?

I have already changed ip's once in the past and we have lost major players that werent aware of the ip change. I would like the scheme i posted above. I love this site and its features like how it queries the server to see if its responding and if not then restart it as sturmbots will freeze up the server sometimes but not crash it so serverdoc wouldnt know it was frozen. But my servers need to get up and running as they have been down for 2 days already. any help would be appreciated.
Andrew
Mammoth

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

I think the best thing you could do is:

* Create three copies of GameCreate's folder (gamecreate.exe/.x86, gamecreate.ini)

* Open gamecreate.ini, add the line:
multiple-instances 1
ip 1.2.3.4

multiple-instances will allow the client to run more than once.
Enter a specific IP address in each gamecreate.ini file that you want to bind to.

Start all three clients, and you will have three hosts in GameCreate - one for each address.

As for advanced options, click the text and it will expand a window - there are options there, just hidden by default.
chaos

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh ok thank you for the quick reply, i shall try this!
chaos

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nope, multiple-instances 1 doesnt work Sad

here is my .ini

bind-address []
demo-mode []
disable-perf []
extra-ips []
ip 209.124.59.3
log-file c%3A%5Cgamecreate2%5Clogs%5C
loginname xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
master-ip us1.master.gamecreate.com%2Cus2.master.gamecreate.com
multiple-instances 1
password xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Andrew
Mammoth

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It should - Close down all running copies, set the value in the config (confirm is set), then try and run the client again.
chaos

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yep i did that and no luck, ALL copies are closed, all the .ini's have that var in them
Andrew
Mammoth

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doh, does not look like it's permitted/enabled in the current version.

I expect to release a new update to GC Client sometime soon, ill try and make sure this feature is put back.

In the mean time you wont be able to run more than one, sorry.
chaos

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

is there an eta on when this new release will be out?
Andrew
Mammoth

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's all pretty much ready to go, we just need to schedule some time to update everything - its a large change that needs some time set aside.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: