RegisterRegister    Log inLog in    SearchSearch   

View previous topic :: View next topic  
sampler40

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 6:40 pm    Post subject: Windows Client Install problem - Files missing from msi Reply with quote

Hi Guys,

Im sorry to be asking for help on my very first post here. Just seems to have been one of those days!.

I am trying to install the windows version of the gamecreate Client.
I download the client file from the downloads section (i download around ~1800kb rather than the states 1920kb) and install the software with no errors.

What i am left with is 4 dll files in the local directory/folder and a hand full of icons (desktop and startbar) the link to gamecreate.exe, which does not exist.

I have also tryed an admin install via msiexec /a (filename.msi) and the extracted files does not seem to include any exe's.

Any ideas of what im doing wrong ..

Cheers

Lee
adbot

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 3:57 am 

sampler40

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hehe might have answered my own question here ..

The PC concerned runs NOD32 as a virus checker ...its set to kill things as needed. Found this is the logs ....

Time Module Object Name Threat Action User Information
30/01/2007 21:44:01 p.m. AMON file C:\GameCreate\gamecreate.exe probably unknown NewHeur_PE virus quarantined - deleted NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM Event occurred on a new file created by the application: C:\WINDOWS\system32\msiexec.exe. The file was moved to quarantine. You may close this window.

might be something that needs to be taken up with eset ?

cheers

Lee
Andrew
Mammoth

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey,

Thank's for the report.

We have had it happen another time too. I can assure you it is virus free (we scanned the installer ourself). I've used AVG Free to check the file and it passes fine.

It's possible the heuristic scanner is marking this as a virus incorrectly, try temporarily turning it off and scanning the file again.
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: