RegisterRegister    Log inLog in    SearchSearch   

Goto page 1, 2  Next 
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kab1986

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 10:03 am    Post subject: Pre-Sales Questions Reply with quote

Hello Just have a few questions about game create before switching...

1) I reviewed your page on the automated provisioning (http://doc.gamecreate.com/ManualWebService), My PHP coder says he can make a PHP API script to work with ModernBill (my billing system) that will serve the purpose of auto provisioning after the order is placed. Is this true, Can this be done?

2) I am a little confused about the temporary servers/booking service. When I go to the test drive link and click the temporary server booking demo it looks like any user can create a temporary server for whenever they need it. Is this the case?

My plan for temporary servers is this:
I sell them by slot hourly on my website, and they are automatically setup using a PHP API script.

I do not want my users/customers to be able to setup temporary servers for whenever they want.

Is this possible?

3) I offer different packages for each game I host, For example for counter-strike I have 1 non-boosted package and 2 boosted packages. Am I able to create multiple packages for the same game, and customize the command lines for each?
adbot

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 3:57 am 

Andrew
Mammoth

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

We are still in our "Beta" period - additionally, GameCreate is free to try forever for up to two hosts - so be sure to sign up and play around with it yourself first, your most welcome to.

1) Yes. You can create servers (as well as install games) and stop/delete servers via WebServices. We have done it with our rental service, https://secure.mammothmedia.com.au/rentals

2) Temporary bookings are currently free to create if the user has an account in your system (or our system, if you use internal authentication). You must manually select to have games support temporary bookings however, it is not done automatically for all games.

Quote:
My plan for temporary servers is this:
I sell them by slot hourly on my website, and they are automatically setup using a PHP API script.

I do not want my users/customers to be able to setup temporary servers for whenever they want.

Any registered account user can currently create temporary bookings. However, you could simply not use the temporary booking feature and simulate temporary bookings yourself by using the webservice calls to automatically shutdown (and delete) servers once the timelimt is up - You do not need to handle it yourself.

See http://world.gamecreate.com/bookings/MakeBooking.asmx webservice to create temporary game servers via the API. However this would currently require the temporary server feature to be enabled.

These are found in the 'Web Service' tab in your domain.

It would be possible for us to introduce a form of 'restricted' server booking option to further control who may book servers - we would need to think about this sort of thing though, but it is possible.

Quote:
3) I offer different packages for each game I host, For example for counter-strike I have 1 non-boosted package and 2 boosted packages. Am I able to create multiple packages for the same game, and customize the command lines for each?
Yes.

You can preconfigure any number of server configuration options you like via the above webservice when creating a server, just pass in the appropriate key/value pairs in the propertyValues argument.

Let me know if you need further information on anything.
kab1986

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok I understand what you mean by the booking.

Could I see a demo of the user control panel, not the admin?
Andrew
Mammoth

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kab1986 wrote:
Ok I understand what you mean by the booking.

Could I see a demo of the user control panel, not the admin?

Its the same thing.

You can assign permissions to prevent users from being able to do everything like install new games.
kab1986

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, is it possible for us to create our own client side control panel using the API commands in the manual?
Andrew
Mammoth

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What sort of things would you want to configure? It depends.

You can make use of our current API base to change server variables, player limit/name, get its status, restart/stop/start the server, delete the server and view the server status.

You cant currently get a list of properties available for a given game, but thats easily added to our API base if there is a need.
kab1986

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Honestly it wouldn't need more than the Server Status, Start/Stop/Restart.

Configuring the server can be done by FTP, right?

Would you know any coders who can create this user interface for me?

As well as make the PHP API script to work with my billing system (ModernBill) so that it creates the user, sets up their game, and emails them (For regular monthly subscriptions). And then they'd login at the custom interface, not the gamecreate login interface.

I would also need a API script to do the booking service/temporary server. However if you remember I do not want to use gamecreate's booking service because it gives it to all users, I want to make it available only as a pay service. So we'd simulate the booking service with timers in the script to create the user and game at the given time, and shutdown the server and delete it after the designated time.

I also want to offer Day-Time and Night-Time servers, So for Day-Time everyday at 10:00 AM the accounts are enabled, and everyday at 7:00 PM they are disabled. And for Night-Time everyday at 7:00 PM they are enabled, and every day at 4:00 AM they are disabled. Is it possible to enable and disable the accounts? If not what would be the best way to achieve this?

And finally, I want to offer weekend servers. Would it be possible to have a API script that enables the servers on friday and disables them on monday?

Let me know, I am willing to pay. Thank you.
Andrew
Mammoth

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Configuration may be done via FTP too yes, but you would need to remove the user's configuration files from GameCreate Admin otherwise they will be overwritten when the server is started.

May I ask why you want to simplify the panel etc? Your removing a fair amount of usability/control the user would have.
Andrew
Mammoth

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The API allows you to create/start/stop/delete servers, so you could simulate your own booking system. However this is re-inventing the logic we have already done for you with our temporary booking system, if that's what you were trying to implement.

The way you implement the actual logic of when servers are created etc is up to you and is not relevant to the API. You just tell GameCreate when you want a server started/stopped and created/deleted.

At the moment you would need to enable temporary bookings for your domain to use the automated temporary booking webservice (as the API uses the same logic as the booking page for resource allocation so you dont need to worry about it).

I think we could create a system where you could just use our External Booking interface (see Downloads - External Booking Integration) to put the entire page in your site.

Then we could have an option to prevent people being able to access <domain>.<region>.gamecreate.com/bookings directly, needing them to visit your booking form, which you could then control whether users are able to access that page based on your own site logic.
kab1986

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess I could just allow my current customers access to the bookings, no big deal. They most likely wouldn't need it much if they already have their own.

I am going to setup the beta on my server and see if I can get it going
Andrew
Mammoth

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just to be clear, server bookings aren't enabled by default - you actually need to add support for them by simply visiting a Game or Host and clicking 'Temporary Servers' and assigning one or more hosts to host bookings of that game type.
kab1986

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey when installing the GameCreate Client on my linux centos server it does this: (when running the run file i downloaded)

Enter 'yes' to accept this agreement, 'no' to decline: yes
extracting GameCreate.tar.gz...done
[root@dallas002 gamecreate]#

It doesn't ask me for a username or password or anything.
Andrew
Mammoth

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its just extracted the gamecreate folder to your cwd, have a look in there.
kab1986

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah I saw that but theres just a .x86 and .so file on ther
Andrew
Mammoth

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

.x86 is an executable.

chmod +x gamecreate.x86

./gamecreate.x86
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: