RegisterRegister    Log inLog in    SearchSearch   

View previous topic :: View next topic  
fluk

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 8:53 am    Post subject: Things to correct on rfactor Reply with quote

Hello. Im testing rfactor servers with game create. I have seen 2 errors to correct:

1) The name of the application its "rFactor Dedicated.exe" and i must rename it to "rFactor_Dedicated.exe" to make it work.

2) The join password is not inside miltiplayer.ini. You must add this line
Join Password="%password%" // Password for clients to join game
before this other line: MOTD="%motd%" // Message of the day

I will be a few days testing it. If I have any problem or I see another error I wil tell it to you.

Im now having troubles with the number of players, when a mod its set to max=20 and you want to overrride it to 40 players, we have a few options. I always use the "+maxplayers <X>" command line. I will test this tomorrow, if the players showed overs gamecreate correctly shows the real max.players of the server. Now I see 64 players on gamecreate but there are less on the server.
adbot

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 3:57 am 

Andrew
Mammoth

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi fluk,

Thanks for that information!

I have updated our default configuration file to set Join Password and +maxplayers on the command line, which appeared to work, thanks!

With regards to having to rename the executable, yeah it's something that needs a fix (because there is a space in the name) which I have noted down to be corrected.

Until then, simply rename the space to an underscore _ as you have done.
fluk

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 12:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, I have seen the modification of maxplayers and seems to work. Im going to install again GameCreate to continue testing ...

I have to install it again because I tried to install it on D:\GAMECREATE, not on C:\ because I hace a 20GB partition on C dedicated to the system and 2 partitions of about 100GB to data.
I can install GameCreate on D, but when I login to install a game always say me "Packages will be installed to C:\GameCreate\rfactor". And I want my games installed on D too ....

I have enough space on C to use gamecreate with rfactor and a few more games; no problems, but I think this will be a nice option to include in the future.
fluk

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 1:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Embarassed .... I can see this option inside host manager .... nice !!!! .. Im going to move it to D\ !!
fluk

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 4:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Andrew !
Im here again to show you more things. We have some differences in ours PLR files, dedicateds.ini and i have not checked multiplayer.ini
And now im thinking if there are because of you dont have the rfactor-update1.250 installed or some mod made changes to my files ... I think you must check it ...

About the files .....
PLR file is generated for every mod at my host running rfactor_server alone without gamecreate.
multiplayer.INI: I take mine and just paste GameCreate variables where they must be.
dedicateds_nameserevr.INI: I take mine inserting "tracks" variable.
controller.INI : I have never used it ... i dont know if it really is usefull to dedicated servers.

dedicated_nameserver.INI
I have only this on every one:
//[[gMa1.002f (c)2007 ]] [[ ]]
//
// Dedicated Server configuration file
//

// Note: most settings are now using the regular player file variables where available. Other variables
// including LessenRestrictions, Password, and driving aids are now in the multiplayer.ini file.
[SETTINGS]
MaxClients=%server:players% // use this variable or the commandline option "+maxplayers <X>" only if you need to override the multiplayer.ini variable "Max MP Players"

// Available track list depends on the track filter in the RFM file.
// See comments for chat command to load a specific track directly.
[TRACKS]
%tracks%
you have things like "FlagRules=1" which must be on other file.

Inside PLR file there are a lot of differences .... and i have not checked multiplayer.ini

Where you have this,
Auto Reverse="0" // If auto-shifting and holding brakes, will shift into reverse and reverse throttle/brake temporarily
Steer Ratio Speed="25.00000" // Speed at which low speed steering lock override ends (for pit navigation, units are meters/sec, 0.0 to disable)
Speed Sensitive Steering="0.60000"

I have only this one:
Track Markers="1" // Extra track markers for turning and braking

you have:

[ Mechanical Failures ]
CURNT Failure Rate="2" // Mechanical failure rate (0-none, 1-normal, 2-timescaled, disabled: 3-season)
PRACT Failure Rate="2" // Mechanical failure rate (0-none, 1-normal, 2-timescaled, disabled: 3-season)
QUICK Failure Rate="2" // Mechanical failure rate (0-none, 1-normal, 2-timescaled, disabled: 3-season)
GPRIX Failure Rate="2" // Mechanical failure rate (0-none, 1-normal, 2-timescaled, disabled: 3-season)
CHAMP Failure Rate="2" // Mechanical failure rate (0-none, 1-normal, 2-timescaled, disabled: 3-season)
MULTI Failure Rate="2" // Mechanical failure rate (0-none, 1-normal, 2-timescaled, disabled: 3-season)
RPLAY Failure Rate="2" // Mechanical failure rate (0-none, 1-normal, 2-timescaled, disabled: 3-season)

i have:

[ Mechanical Failures ]
QUICK Failure Rate="2" // Mechanical failure rate (0-none, 1-normal, 2-timescaled, disabled: 3-season)
MULTI Failure Rate="2"

inside [ Race Conditions ] there are a lot of differences ...

Check it; I have now running some rfactor servers throught GameCreate with my config files and everything its ok. (well, im going to test the server later training this week track). We are a rfactor racing community with own machine and now, thanks to GameCreate, I can have some help in the management of the servers; the help of the other community admins who can now start/stop/change mods/tracks ... throught GameCreate Control Panel.
Thanks ! Wink
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: