RegisterRegister    Log inLog in    SearchSearch   

View previous topic :: View next topic  
DevoiD

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 3:55 pm    Post subject: Game Create on private LAN Reply with quote

Hi guys, I was wondering if there is anyway to circumvent the "your computer is on a private LAN" block on the installation, I don't really feel comfortable putting my server directly on the internet (because it would get hammered)

Is there anyway to install it on a private lan, and if so, which ports would I have to forward from the firewall.

I am currently running 3 Source based servers on the box I intent to replace with GameCreate servers (CSS, PVKII and Exite) and this program really interested me, I got right through the setup on the site and I was really exited, then BAM, I'm sorry, the princess is in another castle Razz

Please help, I'm not sure if this has been discussed previously, I could not find any references.
adbot

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 3:57 am 

Andrew
Mammoth

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey,

You can have some form of LAN support, yeah.

Simply open up gamecreate.ini and add a new line:

ip 123.123.123.123

Where 123.123.123.123 is your host's internet accessible IP Address.

You may also need (once you run client again) to uncheck 'Query servers' on the Host Configuration page to prevent automated restarts, because GameCreate cant query your LAN servers from the internet.
DevoiD

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh great, and fast response, thanks

do I need to forward any ports, TCP/UDP ?

My firewall is pretty tight
Andrew
Mammoth

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TCP 1224 (master server) at a minimum.

TCP port 3579 if you intend to install games via GameCreate, files are fetched over http port 3579.
DevoiD

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

brilliant, thanks andrew, i will let you know how i go
DevoiD

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm, I seem to be having issues... it is not connecting for some reason

Code:

LOG: Tue Feb 27 17:14:49 2007: SSL_connect returned: -1 (SSL_get_error:5, errno:2, WSA:10054)
LOG: Tue Feb 27 17:14:49 2007: ERR_get_error(): 0

LOG: Tue Feb 27 17:14:55 2007: SSL pipe not connected, attempting to connect
LOG: Tue Feb 27 17:14:55 2007: Master address(es): au1.master.gamecreate.com,au2.master.gamecreate.com
LOG: Tue Feb 27 17:14:56 2007: Got ip of '144.140.155.50' for au2.master.gamecreate.com
LOG: Tue Feb 27 17:14:56 2007: Begin connection attempt
LOG: Tue Feb 27 17:14:56 2007: Connect TCP socket
LOG: Tue Feb 27 17:14:56 2007: TCP connected, create new SSL instance
LOG: Tue Feb 27 17:14:56 2007: Bind SSL to TCP socket
LOG: Tue Feb 27 17:14:56 2007: Begin SSL negotiation
LOG: Tue Feb 27 17:15:57 2007: Sending PONG, waiting for response
LOG: Tue Feb 27 17:16:39 2007: SSL negotiation complete
LOG: Tue Feb 27 17:16:39 2007: Attempting domain login: username/*******
LOG: Tue Feb 27 17:16:42 2007: Master rejected logon: Host detected to exist in an exclusive region and is attempting to login to an unlicensed domain
LOG: Tue Feb 27 17:16:42 2007: Country: Australia
LOG: Tue Feb 27 17:17:00 2007: Sending PONG, waiting for response

also, a side note, does it always run that console, or is there a way to run it as a service, so the server doesn't need to be logged in, cause thats the way I run my game servers normally, its on a win2003 std box
Andrew
Mammoth

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DevoiD wrote:

LOG: Tue Feb 27 17:16:39 2007: Attempting domain login: username/*******
LOG: Tue Feb 27 17:16:42 2007: Master rejected logon: Host detected to exist in an exclusive region and is attempting to login to an unlicensed domain
LOG: Tue Feb 27 17:16:42 2007: Country: Australia

LOG: Tue Feb 27 17:17:00 2007: Sending PONG, waiting for response

Unfortunately you won't be able to use GameCreate because the host exists in Australia / New Zealand, and a few parties already hold exclusive licenses to GameCreate in these regions.
DevoiD

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

aw that sucks Sad

I hope they are paying alot, like I hope you guys are charging them SO MUCH money, it sends them bank rupt, how can the whole of Australia be locked off.. man thats depressing

GOD DAMNED TELSTRA BIGPOND, I HATE THEM SO MUCH

They thwate me at work, and now they crap on me at play too, OMFG

http://www.gamearena.com.au/getconnected/servers/gamecreate/index.php

I cant believe that they have exclusived this, they are the biggest ISP in the country, they don't even NEED this, they can pay like 50 guys to look after their game servers, so they lock it off so that the little guys cant use it, I can't believe this, I find a new reason to hate Telstra EVERY DAY

I resell Telstra Wholesale as a small local ISP, and Telstra have not only blocked us from selling ADSL2, they have now blocked us from using gamecreate, I cant wait until they decide to just not let us resell ANYTHING

and for the record, what a waste of an afternoon, it would really help if it actually was written somewhere that if your in Australia, you can go climb a tree, as far as gamecreate cares

Oh I see it, if I click on SUBSCRIBE it says its unavailable in Australia... it would help if it was on the Features or the DOWNLOADS page, like somewhere where people are actually going to LOOK

And another thing, if its unavailable, why the hell is there a test drive page for Australia, so you can tease us... thats just cruel, your system looked too good to be true, and now I find out, that it IS.
Andrew
Mammoth

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DevoiD wrote:
and for the record, what a waste of an afternoon, it would really help if it actually was written somewhere that if your in Australia, you can go climb a tree, as far as gamecreate cares

Oh I see it, if I click on SUBSCRIBE it says its unavailable in Australia... it would help if it was on the Features or the DOWNLOADS page, like somewhere where people are actually going to LOOK

And another thing, if its unavailable, why the hell is there a test drive page for Australia, so you can tease us... thats just cruel, your system looked too good to be true, and now I find out, that it IS.

I would think the Subscribe page is a place someone would look (how else can you make an account?).
yishayy

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2007 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

whare to type the ip
?????????????
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: