RegisterRegister    Log inLog in    SearchSearch   

View previous topic :: View next topic  
fourthdnick

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 5:59 am    Post subject: CS Server not Start. Process failure (Server crashed?) Reply with quote

Well im using linux and yes, i am new to linux, i normally use Win2k3 OS. So if you can help me and it requiers some ssh cmds, please be specific on what i need to type in. Thanks.

So hes the problem, im tryin to run a cs server, but the server wont start. It says at the top of the server overview:

Code:
This server has failed to start several times in a row, indicating a problem with the server. View this servers Failure Reports for more information.

Failure Report:
Code:
Start GameCreate attempted to start Counter-Strike Server. 03/04/2007 20:01:31   
Stop GameCreate stopped Counter-Strike Server. 03/04/2007 20:01:27   
Fail Process failure (Server crashed?) 03/04/2007 20:01:27   
Start GameCreate attempted to start Counter-Strike Server. 03/04/2007 20:01:01   
Stop GameCreate stopped Counter-Strike Server. 03/04/2007 20:00:57   
Fail Process failure (Server crashed?) 03/04/2007 20:00:57   
Start GameCreate attempted to start Counter-Strike Server. 03/04/2007 20:00:28   
Stop GameCreate stopped Counter-Strike Server. 03/04/2007 20:00:24   
Fail Process failure (Server crashed?) 03/04/2007 20:00:24   
It just keeps saying that over and over.

I am not 100% sure here, but on the the run line, shouldnt it say ./hlds_run instead of hlds_run. Im not sure if it makes a difference or not. But simply put i cant get this server to start. I have used the defualt run line and i have used my own. I dont know why it saying that so thats why ive come here for support. If anyone has any suggestions please help me. If their is more info you need from me please ask, i will respond asap to help you help me. Thanks again.
adbot

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 3:57 am 

Andrew
Mammoth

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The ./ is implied when being shown on the server overview tab.

Try running the command yourself (c+p it and add the ./ prefix) and see what happens?
fourthdnick

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Turned out that my box was not pre-set for all my ips addresses.
I have solved this error myself, but for any one else that my being having this problem, i have posted some helping tips.

Your system administrator needs to add IP aliases to your system in order to achieve this functionality.

Here are some simple steps on some of the more popular operating system varieties.

---Windows 2003 Web/Standard:

Code:
Navigate this path:

Start Button > Settings > Control Panel > Network Connections > Local Area Connection > Properties > TCP/IP > Advanced > Add

At this point you will be presented with a dialog box that prompts you for an IP address and a subnet mask. The IP address you enter will be the next available IP address in your assigned range. The subnet mask depends on the size of your allocation.

Some popular subnet masks will be 255.255.255.248 (5 IP addresses) 255.255.255.240 (13 IP addresses) 255.255.255.224 (32 IP addresses)

---RedHat Enterprise Linux, CentOS, and Fedora Core:

Code:
//Create a file in /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts using your favorite text editor (nano, vi, pico) called ifcfg-eth0-range0. Putty has nano built in, simply type:

nano ifcfg-eth0-range0

//The contents of ifcfg-eth0-range0 should be:

IPADDR_START="X"
IPADDR_END="Y"
CLONENUM_START="0"

//Where X is the second IP address in your range, and Y is the last IP address in your range.

//After saving this file, type:

service network restart

//to enable these changes.

Keep in mind that incorrectly modifying your network settings can render your dedicated server unreachable to the Internet.
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: