RegisterRegister    Log inLog in    SearchSearch   

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Luca

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 2:23 am    Post subject: Game Updates Reply with quote

Hello,

We have been using GameCreate for our non standard games so far so good.
Very nice feature that you have content servers from which the games are installed on to the hosts.

We don't use the panel for games from valve we use a different panel for that. Css especially is updated frequently by valve...

Before we continue to offer gamecreate to our clients I need to be sure that all games are updated within hours or max 2 days if a patch is released for whatever game.

Thanks for the info!
adbot

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 3:57 am 

Andrew
Mammoth

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We cannot make that guarantee at this time.

You may want to maintain your own content. Provide me with an email address and ill send you some content server info.

Keep in mind the content server is only useful if you actually have more than one physical computer.
Luca

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For us the ability to install a game with just a few clicks is very useful especially for the games we don't have on linux boxes. We don't have to bother about downloading it manually, writing a start script etc..

At the moment we only have 1 Windows box with gamecreate, getting a second one soon, we will also run that one with gamecreate.

If all goes well we might purchase a license for more hosts.

So for the moment should I disable "keep this game up to date"? and install the patches manually?

I hope you can keep the content servers up! They must be causing some serious traffic Razz

Ill pm you my email address.
Andrew
Mammoth

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They are definitely staying up; we just cannot guarantee we will mirror everything on time (its a lot of work).
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: