RegisterRegister    Log inLog in    SearchSearch   

View previous topic :: View next topic  
murzo

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 2:21 am    Post subject: Problems getting CoD2 to work Reply with quote

Hi,

I'm having trouble getting CoD2 to work. When I install the game and create a server it creates the .cfg file ok, in the desired directory.

I have placed the game files in the same directory, as per the usual way I run the servers (on linux)

However, when I start the server it doesn't actually run the server. Am I doing something wrong? I've also tried editing to command line on the config web page to match what I currently use but still nothing.

Any thoughts?
adbot

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 3:57 am 

murzo

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 2:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some more information from the logs:

LOG: Sun Mar 12 16:35:28 2006: SSL >> ACK: INSTALL async=1&id=74-419&install=START
[45 bytes] - result: 45
LOG: Sun Mar 12 16:35:28 2006: Fetching http://144.140.155.2:3579/linux/callofduty2.txt
LOG: Sun Mar 12 16:35:28 2006: Directory: /home/gamecreate/callofduty2/
LOG: Sun Mar 12 16:35:28 2006: Updating callofduty2 from revision 0, 0 instructions to process
LOG: Sun Mar 12 16:35:28 2006: SSL >> ACK: INSTALL async=1&id=74-419&install=END&revision=0
[54 bytes] - result: 54
LOG: Sun Mar 12 16:35:28 2006: Finished update

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2006 2:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

did you get this to work if so please post findings, i have also uploaded the whole 3 gig game to the folder its makes a config and i have uploaded the cod2_lnxded but still no luck, anyone else got this to work

thanks
Andrew
Mammoth

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2006 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will try and get CoD2 working confirmed for Linux today.
Andrew
Mammoth

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2006 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've updated our content master with CoD2 install and just launched a server on Linux successfully.

The installation is 3.5GB, which may take a while depending on your connection to our server.

Here's how you can speed that up if you already have an installation of CoD2 on your host:

* Remove CoD2 from your host if its already installed (On the uninstall step, choose 'Advanced options' and 'Do not physically uninstall this software').

Then, go to install CoD2 again.

GameCreate will confirm where it is about to install cod2, eg: /home/gamecreate/callofduty2

Before clicking the confirm Install link, first (if you have a copy locally) put CoD2 in that folder (so .../callofduty2/cod2_lnxded exists etc).

When you click Install after that is done, GameCreate will verify the file that it finds in the installation folder matches what is on our contnet server without having to download it first - If the file is valid, it wont be downloaded (so your install goes much faster if you already have the files).

Any file that does not exist / is out of date will be downloaded though from the content master.

Let me know if CoD2 still does not work after installing it from our master server.

Thanks
drgamers

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 7:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

COD 2 is working fine, i have 4 running on linux but i cannot get the

Admin Name:
Admin Email:
Server Location:

working in the config, any ideas

thanks
murzo

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2006 4:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got it workin! Smile

Followed your instructions then copied the IWD files over again due to a script error (I'm assuming you've updated your content server with v1.2)

Everything working like a dream.

Thx again
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: