RegisterRegister    Log inLog in    SearchSearch   

View previous topic :: View next topic  
GODS1

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 3:20 am    Post subject: Insurgency Mod files Reply with quote

We have all servers set up under diffrent sub domains, but it is looking like the files are effecting each other. At least with the insurgency and CSS surf servers. It is like we can not run them at the same time????
adbot

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 3:57 am 

GODS1

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 1:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also we are having issues with premissions, I got guys seeing and having access to servers they should not be able to see or touch. While others that need access to certain servers I have to add in 2 places. It appears my rights are way more than the other full admin rights? We have 3 full admins that should be able to effect everything, with a 4th to get some things working. I need a list to see who can access each folder or subdomain, like a admin control page.

Also with the insurgency update it did not add the new map to the list? Since there is no working admin mods I can not point to a diffrent list. I know I could but would be much better if GC did the list update, since insurgency has such massive server problems. We did a full reinstall for the patch, full as in I deleted the entire folder off the server from desktop.
GODS1

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 1:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay got the one seeing it removed, is like 5 places premissions can be given for a server, and it does not make much sense which page allows what?????
Andrew
Mammoth

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 9:52 am    Post subject: Re: Insurgency Mod files Reply with quote

GODS1 wrote:
We have all servers set up under diffrent sub domains, but it is looking like the files are effecting each other. At least with the insurgency and CSS surf servers. It is like we can not run them at the same time????

What do you mean "effecting each other". Different game mods happily run out of the same game install.

GODS1 wrote:
Okay got the one seeing it removed, is like 5 places premissions can be given for a server, and it does not make much sense which page allows what?????

It does make sense - each Permission tab on a given entity grants permission to that entity.

See the manual pages: http://doc.gamecreate.com/AdminServerPermissionsPage
http://doc.gamecreate.com/AdminHostPermissionsPage
http://doc.gamecreate.com/AdminGamePermissionsPage

You should look at the manual (Click Help on any GameCreate.com page, its context sensitive) which will probably answer your questions.
GODS1

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The games are on subdomains, but for some reason 2 of of them seem to cross talk for files. 3 CSS servers and a HL2 mod, only the insugency hl2 mod and a CSS surf server seem to be cross talking for files. I thought under subdomains they ran from there own folder and could not effect the others. Does this mean we will have to assign port numbers to ftp cfg files?

For admin access then there is 3 places for admin control per set up.
Andrew
Mammoth

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Each subdomain does have its own directory.

/games/GameCreate-XXX/srcds

For example. -XXX is the Domain Id (Domain->Web Services tab) for that domain.

/games/srcds will be the install for the primary domain.

I dont understand what you mean by "cross talking" of files. Give an example.
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: