RegisterRegister    Log inLog in    SearchSearch   

View previous topic :: View next topic  
joaquimsa

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 10:47 am    Post subject: gameserver isolation Reply with quote

Hi,

I've started to use gamecreate 2 days ago. I' quite satisfied with it but i'm having some problems in understanding some things.

Basically i've setup a host and a game for that host (mohaa) . I've created some gameservers and everything is runnig fine.
Our gameservers have all the same IP, the only thing that changes is the port number.

As far as i understand the game files of mohaa are in the same folder for all the gameservers i've created.

If one client wants to add a map, where will he put it since i do not want that the other gameservers get changed .

Basically i do not understand how the diferent gameservers are isolatad from each other.

I'm seen that sub-domains can do the trick but it not seems the answer.

Thanks,
Joaquim
adbot

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 3:57 am 

joaquimsa

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 3:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any Support?
Andrew
Mammoth

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

You've posted your first message on Thursday morning and I missed it when I looked earlier - Your next update was 5am our local time, I was sleeping Smile

Servers are usually isolated by just their configuration files. This works fine when working with public style servers (eg, you run a GSP or you run public servers) and they can share map packs, etc.

If you need directories physically separated from each other, use subdomains.

Subdomains provide a fresh working area for servers. If you created a subdomain per customer, that would work well.

They then have server installations of their own (under say /games/GameCreate-XXX/mohaa) where XXX is a unique Domain Id.

Using that method, customer map packs may be isolated.
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: